Bass Fishing Forum Bass Fishing Forum

Site Slogan

News: NEW FORUM! Yes, this is UB! Feedback HERE!

Rod for Carolina Rigs

(Read 2039 times)

BECOME A CHARTER MEMBER SUPPORT UB

strongx

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
I need some advice. I am looking for a c-rig rod for 1/4-3/8 oz weights and a maybe a baby brush hog on the end. I have used my dc744 but it feels a little too stiff for a good connection to the bottom. I really like the dc744 for jigs - ALOT, but I thought I might find something better for this technique and weight. I have read about the 764, 784, and 804. Can you guys talk about the tips on these 3 and maybe some other options? DC734? I will primarily be fishing in less than 20' of water.

strongx

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
Would the dc763c fit me better for these 1/4-3/8 weight c-rigs? I cant test drive one and am concerned the 784. 804, or 764 might be a little too much? I would prefer the 784. How will it be throwing those lighter weight c-rigs? :help:

apenland01

• Charter Member
  • Baby Bass
You don't specify spinning or casting, so I'll give you my opinion on those weights.  I would do a 764 spinning, as it will handle those lighter weights easily and have more than enough backbone to hook fish in deeper water.....

Dink Dawg

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
784c is the deal.  Plenty of length for the old ball and chain.  Good hook setting power and ample sensitivity.  Thatís my go to.

D.W. Verts

• Charter Member
  • Baby Bass
Those are pretty light weights for a Carolina Rig.

Dale
If you wanna hear God laugh, tell him your plans...

Hickbilly Outdoors with D.W. Verts on YouTube!

strongx

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
I hadnt really thought  :-* of a spinning rod for rigs, but I will check them out.

That 784 gets a ton of love for dragging. What's the lightest weight to feel on that 784? I hear of it throwing 3/4 jigs. How is that tip?