Casting setup for/under $180?

Started by Jake51823, July 08, 2021, 12:20:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jake51823

Hey all, I'm looking to buy a new setup for my jig/chatter bait/spinner bait/some swim baits. I'm looking for a MH-MF rod and a reel to match it. Like the title says I would like to stay under the $180 range. Casting of course and would be running straight fluoro on it. Any recommendations?

Capt. BassinLou

SLX reels can be found at around $100, very good starter reel.

BassmanRudy

For a combo I'd go with a St. Croix Mojo Bass 7' rod. It's $140 and designed specifically to throw chatterbaits. I'd use the rest to get a Bass Pro tourney special reel in 6:6.1 @ $49. If you wait til black Friday can get the Pro Qualifier reel for $50.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

"Rudy"
I use Mister Twister Baits!
www.mistertwister.com

BassmanRudy

Academy has a couple options too.

Lews 7'4" MH Moderate- double check that it's not the cranking model but doesn't sound like it.
Dobyns Fury 7' MH "medium fast". I'd double check the label but sounds Moderate to me.

"Rudy"
I use Mister Twister Baits!
www.mistertwister.com

Princeton_Man

Dobyns Fury 703C and a BPS Tourney Special.
Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

geneinnc

Abu Revo X has been outstanding  for me. $100 retail, selling for $80. I bought my first Sixgill rod, it's a dedicated spinner/chatterbait 7'2" and I love it. I put a 6:6 Revo X on it. I started with a 5:4 ratio but it was a little slow.

I'm changing line on everything this week and I guess I love those Revo reels, I have 13!