Ultimate Basser's turned Youtubers, support group thread

Started by Capt. BassinLou, July 17, 2021, 08:13:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FD

Quote from: SFL BassHunter on July 22, 2021, 07:24:19 PM
Quote from: big g on July 22, 2021, 03:50:10 PM
Rick great to see you back on the site, now I have to get you back in the boat and see if I can still get you on some nice fish.  The heat and grandkids have kept me off the water as much as in the past.  You do have an open invitation to go anytime your ready. :-*
Hey George! Thanks! Yeah can't wait to get out and do some fishing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Welcome back Rick!

FDx Custom Rods
Arti-FISH-ial Entertainment
CPF Lures

Arti-FISH-ial Entertainment Guide Service
FDx Custom Rods                                   SwampCat Boat Works

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: FD on July 23, 2021, 03:13:19 AM
Quote from: SFL BassHunter on July 22, 2021, 07:24:19 PM
Quote from: big g on July 22, 2021, 03:50:10 PM
Rick great to see you back on the site, now I have to get you back in the boat and see if I can still get you on some nice fish.  The heat and grandkids have kept me off the water as much as in the past.  You do have an open invitation to go anytime your ready. :-*
Hey George! Thanks! Yeah can't wait to get out and do some fishing.

Welcome back Rick!

FDx Custom Rods
CPF Lures
Thanks Lee!

PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

Brian in VA

Quote from: SFL BassHunter on July 22, 2021, 03:03:38 PM
Quote from: Brian in VA on July 22, 2021, 10:41:13 AM
One thing I am noticing is one of two things is happening

A. embedded YouTube videos arent being counted in "views" in YouTube
B. or, the stats in YouTube's Studio dashboards are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay behind, by 24+ hours

I am leaning towards B personally

Hey Brian,
Yeah youtube studio is usually behind. Also the numbers on the pc studio and phone studio always have different numbers. Embedded videos should still count as views. Technically it still plays off youtube.

Man, I swear one video hasnt changed in views (not that I expect hundreds) but its embedded in 2 pages online.  The one here on ultimate bass has 50 pages views.  Lets assume that only 10% of the 50 page views wanted to watch, that would be at least 5 views yet the video hasnt changed in views since the day I posted it here. 

Its got me scratching my head.

Mike Cork

This a question for YouTube, UB don't control what they count?

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Capt. BassinLou

Had a productive outing and shot some decent footage today.  But I messed up in two things. One, I just inadvertently deleted the clip with my biggest bass of day caught on the new Evergreen frog.  ~xyz ~rant Two, I had the camera perfectly set up, when I inadvertently pressed something on the screen, screwing up my settings. As a result I over exposed the footage.  I had some pretty cool footage of myself trolling for bass, and I managed to catch a few, but the screen was so white, you could barely see what was happening.  ~xyz ~rant Let's see what I can salvage.  :(

On positive note, the chest mount worked better than the head mount. The battery pack did its job. Camera did get very hot, but never overheated. Watching the footage, I have to adjust the chest mount a little higher if possible. Audio was pretty good.

Bassinkorea

Quote from: Capt. BassinLou on July 23, 2021, 06:24:04 PM
Had a productive outing and shot some decent footage today.  But I messed up in two things. One, I just inadvertently deleted the clip with my biggest bass of day caught on the new Evergreen frog.  ~xyz ~rant Two, I had the camera perfectly set up, when I inadvertently pressed something on the screen, screwing up my settings. As a result I over exposed the footage.  I had some pretty cool footage of myself trolling for bass, and I managed to catch a few, but the screen was so white, you could barely see what was happening.  ~xyz ~rant Let's see what I can salvage.  :(

Ahhh, the fun of video making  lo

On positive note, the chest mount worked better than the head mount. The battery pack did its job. Camera did get very hot, but never overheated. Watching the footage, I have to adjust the chest mount a little higher if possible. Audio was pretty good.

That is good to know Lou. I might have to steal your idea rig up some similar  :-*
2020 IBASS Gold - Zone 2 - AOY
2020 IBASS Classic - Winner
2020 IBASS Team Tourney - Winner (with FD)

Brian in VA

FD

Quote from: Brian in VA on July 23, 2021, 02:04:03 PM

B. or, the stats in YouTube's Studio dashboards are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay behind, by 24+ hours

Hey Brian,
Yeah youtube studio is usually behind. Also the numbers on the pc studio and phone studio always have different numbers. Embedded videos should still count as views. Technically it still plays off youtube.

Man, I swear one video hasnt changed in views (not that I expect hundreds) but its embedded in 2 pages online.  The one here on ultimate bass has 50 pages views.  Lets assume that only 10% of the 50 page views wanted to watch, that would be at least 5 views yet the video hasnt changed in views since the day I posted it here. 

50 page views is not many on here.  I have a video thread with hundreds and one with thousands and the analytics don't track on YT.  Keep making video.  We are all doing this together so it more like a team approach.  The more quality videos the better.

FDx Custom Rods
CPF Lures

D.W. Verts

Old School Bass Fishin', My Hickbilly Life, and Hickbilly Outdoors with D.W. Verts on YOUTUBE!
Solar Bat Sunglasses Pro Staff

Brian in VA

Man, that sucks. I caught a nice bass for something I was filming last night, only to look down at my phone to see that my GoPro had stopped recording for some reason.  It happens...

FD

You should be able to fix the over exposure in premier. 

FDx Custom Rods
CPF Lures

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: Brian in VA on July 23, 2021, 02:04:03 PM

Hey Brian,

Yeah I guess do some research on it. But I guess instead of embedding just try a link. Seems weird that embedding doesn't work though.

Here is a link to an article about embedded videos. Hope this helps.

https://www.alliedpixel.com/2019/09/do-embedded-youtube-videos-add-to-the-view-count/

Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

SFL BassHunter

Camera did get very hot, but never overheated.

Hopefully the mount provides some protection from that heat. Don't cook yourself

Florida Bass Fishing

SFL BassHunter

Florida Bass Fishing

Brian in VA

Got some interesting B roll this evening, a squirrel swimming across the river....

FD

My latest is processing.  It should be up in a bit.  4 hours of footage down to 6 minutes...

FDx Custom Rods
CPF Lures

Bassinkorea

Two days on the water, all recorded and nothing more than one single bite. Oh well, might make a SHORT video about the scenery  ::) ::)
2020 IBASS Gold - Zone 2 - AOY
2020 IBASS Classic - Winner
2020 IBASS Team Tourney - Winner (with FD)

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: Bassinkorea on July 25, 2021, 03:33:43 AM
Two days on the water, all recorded and nothing more than one single bite. Oh well, might make a SHORT video about the scenery  ::) ::)

Damn, that's tough, but let's see how your scenery video turns out.  :) ;) ~beer~

Capt. BassinLou

Finally wrapped editing my latest outing. Salvaged what I could from a few of the  over exposed clips, but the video quality came out awesome. My wife and daughter were impressed on how I shot the video in 1080P, and with some simple camera adjustments the quality came out sweet!!

The over exposure clips occurred when I inadvertently touched the screen and activated the photo option. When I switched back to video, I failed to notice I wasn't on my custom video setting that I set up, which effected the manual exposure settings I had the camera set on. Live and learn I guess. Video will be dropping over the next few minutes. Enjoy!!

Mike Cork

Looks good Lou...

I put one together this weekend

I'm going to put it in the Techniques board I think...

For comic relief there is a moment in the video that some might think about monkeys and footballs  ~roflmao
https://youtu.be/kaFbZgO3RHc

Cork's Reel Service

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: Mike Cork on July 25, 2021, 06:15:16 PM
Looks good Lou...

For comic relief there is a moment in the video that some might think about monkeys and footballs  ~roflmao

Thanks Mike!

Bud Kennedy

Mike great video.  Good subject matter, good description of the conditions and an even better demonstration of the technique.  Very informative.  And, you caught some fish using the technique.  a real triple threat.  Show Us More.  Proof that a video can be short and sweet and get the message across.  Again, well done.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: Mike Cork on July 25, 2021, 06:15:16 PM
Looks good Lou...

Good video Mike. That last bass made you work!! Never seen anyone try to open their net with their teeth. That's determination right there.

Mike Cork

Thanks Bud and Lou. My goal with videos is as short as possible. I could have shortened that one a little bit more but there is a point where "information is key" and I wanted all the details I could get in it.

I've got several others in works :-*

Cork's Reel Service