Wowee

Started by D.W. Verts, August 19, 2021, 11:00:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

D.W. Verts

So I just pulled the trigger on FOUR of those Roumbanis sticks. Two Flippin', one spinning, and one 704 casting. Cool, huh? This is the stuff that happens when I get bored editing video. Which, actually, is part of the reason I ordered these in the first place.

Dale
Old School Bass Fishin' with D.W. Verts on YOUTUBE!
Solar Bat Sunglasses Pro Staff

Smallie_Stalker

Cool beans. We're gonna need a report or two on those green sticks.

I wish the timing had been different on this sale. As much as I don't prefer the split grips I would have gotten at least one each of the frog rods and the square bill rods.

Sent from my One Plus 9 Pro 5G using Tapatalk

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

BassmanRudy

Smallie- check your local Academy Sports as they have these marked down on clearance. A friend got 1 for $155 a few days ago!

Edit- I see they don't have them up in your neck of the woods. They will ship them to you for $20 if you order online.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
"Rudy"
I use Mister Twister Baits!
www.mistertwister.com

Smallie_Stalker

Quote from: BassmanRudy on August 20, 2021, 02:57:54 PM
Smallie- check your local Academy Sports as they have these marked down on clearance. A friend got 1 for $155 a few days ago!

Edit- I see they don't have them up in your neck of the woods. They will ship them to you for $20 if you order online.

Thanks Rudy. Sending you a PM.

silverdeck

I bought two of those green rods from my local Academy and can't wait to try out, Frog rod and square bill crankbait rod. I have two Sierras ( 734 and 766) and have been impressed so far. Can't beat the prices on  the Fred Boom Boom Models now.  :)

Smallie_Stalker

Quote from: silverdeck on August 22, 2021, 05:11:52 PM
I bought two of those green rods from my local Academy and can't wait to try out, Frog rod and square bill crankbait rod. I have two Sierras ( 734 and 766) and have been impressed so far. Can't beat the prices on  the Fred Boom Boom Models now.  :)
Would like to hear your thoughts on them once you get a chance to put them through their paces. Being a crankbait guy I'm especially interested in what you think of that squarebill rod.

D.W. Verts

Waiting on the FedEx dude. It said TODAY. No big deal, I'm patient. Where IS he? Cool, calm. Breathe...

Dale

D.W. Verts

Now they're saying today. C'mon, doesn't anyone feel my pain?

Dale

BassmanRudy

I do I do!! They give an ETA they need to stick to it!!

"Rudy"
www.mistertwister.com

Smallie_Stalker

Let me tell you how Fed Ex operates in my area

I have the app to track shipments. I am also signed up to get text alerts to my phone and email alerts to all my devices.

So I order something. When the company ordered from creates a label I get a text with the tracking number. I go to the app and it's a 50/50 shot that the shipment is listed there. If not, I need to enter the tracking number manually and then it shows up. I immediately hit the button to get text and email updates as the shipment progresses.

The first text I get tells me a label has been created but estimated delivery to my area is unavailable. The following day the first text I get gives me a delivery date. Within a few hours I get a second text saying the delivery has been rescheduled and will arrive earlier than originally expected. A little later on day two I get another text say my delivery has again been rescheduled but to a date later than originally expected

I go through this same cycle of rescheduled deliveries for the next few days until I finally get a text saying the shipment is "On the FEDEX truck and Out For Delivery".

By the afternoon of the day it is supposed to be delivered I get another text saying delivery has been rescheduled to the next business day.

I wait a couple hours, then I go out into the lobby and sure enough my package is already there.  SMH

The day after delivery I get a text telling me to expect my package by 9:00 PM.

With the couple of exceptions when they actually lost or damaged my package this has been SOP for me since before  COVID.

And that's the story of how Fed Ex works (or more correctly doesn't work) in my area.

I need a drink.

D.W. Verts

No rods again. FedEx says "potentially delayed" with "no estimation of delivery". Wow, glad I have about 112 other choices to choose from.

Dale

Pferox

I ordered some tools and they said it was shipped via UPS.
UPS said that I will see it delivered Tuesday, oh wait a minnit, (30 minutes later). Lets make that Monday.
Monday comes the dogs bark like crazy at the front door and I get an advertisement to mow my already mowed lawn.  Few hours later dogs bark again and there is a delivery from someplace Jan ordered that wasn't due until this Friday.
Rest of the day my pooping doorbells don't make a peep.
I check my email and it just showed up that I had a delivery.  I went outside, and low and behold the UPS guy is speeding off and my box is on the porch, go figure.
"If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in bed with a mosquito" - African Proverb.  Jim

BassmanRudy

Man UPS guys deliver really late here sometimes! 830/9 PM and still out there running around.

"Rudy"
www.mistertwister.com

D.W. Verts

Quote from: BassmanRudy on August 25, 2021, 10:47:33 PM
Man UPS guys deliver really late here sometimes! 830/9 PM and still out there running around.

Same here- one night it was almost ten.

I came home from fishing today to nothing, then went to work. Got home about 9:30 and there's a rod tube on the patio. I am too tired to mess with it. I might before next week tho'.

Dale

Blacknredflake

Went to a local academy today and they had the 745SF and the 803CB.   I scanned them at $77 each!!!!!!!

I brought home  the 803 and honestly dont have a whole lot of use for it.   I dont throw 10XD's where I fish.  I do have some interest in swimbaits though.    Might use it for a A-rig rod.

I will be going back to get the 745SF as its lighter than my Colt 702 and has more action. Doesnt feel nearly as stiff as the colt.

Really wish they would have had the frog rod or flippin rod as thats more my style!!!!!!!

Maybe regret will hit me and Ill bring the 803 back and grab the 745sf instead as Ill probably use it more.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
BITE THE DAMN WORM!

Smallie_Stalker

Man that's a steal. We don't have any Academy stores here anymore and the rods I was seeing on their website were limited to 1 or 2 models and they were not shipping them. They were marked "in store only" and the prices were nowhere near that low.

Blacknredflake

Quote from: Smallie_Stalker on September 06, 2021, 11:34:57 AM
Man that's a steal. We don't have any Academy stores here anymore and the rods I was seeing on their website were limited to 1 or 2 models and they were not shipping them. They were marked "in store only" and the prices were nowhere near that low.

Yea the tag showed price drop from 270 to 160.  But I seen on facebook about them ringing up at 55.  I went to a scanner and it said 77.   Good enough for me.     

Honestly I rather trade this 805cb fr for a Kaden.

Wonder if I can send it in to Dobyns for trade in... probably not.

BITE THE DAMN WORM!

Smallie_Stalker

Quote from: Blacknredflake on September 06, 2021, 11:39:09 AM
Quote from: Smallie_Stalker on September 06, 2021, 11:34:57 AM

Yea the tag showed price drop from 270 to 160.  But I seen on facebook about them ringing up at 55.  I went to a scanner and it said 77.   Good enough for me.     

Honestly I rather trade this 805cb fr for a Kaden.

Wonder if I can send it in to Dobyns for trade in... probably not.

I honestly don't know the answer to that but it wouldn't hurt to call the shop tomorrow and ask. 

(903) 919 - 8028

Even if they say no you are no worse off.