Why is My Whopper Plopper swimming away from me?

Started by Basstagger, September 01, 2021, 02:07:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Basstagger

:'(The Big Fish of the day decided he didn't like my Green Whopper Plopper, and took it away from me and that's why it's swimming in the fishes mouth somewhere in this lake. Guessing at least 6-7 pounds the way she just smashed it and cam out of the water. I landed eight keepers ( biggest 3#2 oz) today in 4 hours- landed 5 more 5-6 inch bass. All bass  were weighed ,measured and tagged. Still no recaptures.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: Basstagger on September 01, 2021, 02:07:07 PM
:'(The Big Fish of the day decided he didn't like my Green Whopper Plopper, and took it away from me and that's why it's swimming in the fishes mouth somewhere in this lake. Guessing at least 6-7 pounds the way she just smashed it and cam out of the water. I landed eight keepers ( biggest 3#2 oz) today in 4 hours- landed 5 more 5-6 inch bass. All bass  were weighed ,measured and tagged. Still no recaptures.

Question. How are you tagging these bass? Are you using Wildlife Resource fish tags from your home state?

D.W. Verts

When they take a mind to it, they shore THUMP that Whopper Plopper.

Dale
Old School Bass Fishin', My Hickbilly Life, and Hickbilly Outdoors with D.W. Verts on YOUTUBE!
Solar Bat Sunglasses Pro Staff

BassmanRudy

Dang that's the One you were wanting to tag!! You'll get her next time!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

"Rudy"
I use Mister Twister Baits!
www.mistertwister.com

zippyduck

Of course the big girl that got a way. Heard that story before, Oh that was my story.  lo

Keep at it and you will see some of those tags before you know it.
3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"
AOY 2019 IBASS Cool Casters  362.50"

loomisguy

You may want to consider braid on the Plopper.  I use 50lb.

coldfront

sometimes just checkin' knots/line and re-tieing have been known to work ...
~read