Trouble in River City.

Started by Oldfart9999, September 12, 2021, 07:21:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldfart9999

Got out for a bit Friday, should have stayed in bed. I'm slowly working out my casting to achieve non backlash status
very slowly, and boat control was difficult because of the wind, I left to lick my wounds. On the way home I avoided a pothole with my truck, not so much with the trailer, a big bang when the trailer hit it and a few seconds later when the tire exploded taking out the fender. I had to help the driver of the flatbed who was taking it home for me keep the the thing going straight as it was winched onto the trailer, not something a 76 year old with lousy joints should consider, but I did it. I let it sit until the next day when I changed the wheel and pulled the mangled fender off, I'm going to be buying 1 wheel and 2 tires and 2 fenders and mounting brackets, the fenders and mounting brackets I was planning on for next spring so I don't feel so bad about those. On the plus side I had to send my bow sonar unit to Lowrance for repair or replacement the replacement arrived yesterday, I've gone from a HOOK 2 9 inch Split Shot to a HOOK Reveal 9 Split Shot , now I'll have to learn how to use it. When I get the boat back in the water I'll post a review.
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

Mike Cork

Absolutely not something you should do Rodney. I know we worry about our boats but if that flat bed driver messed it up, they have insurance and would fix it. If you got messed up, fixing would be much more difficult....

Good news about the bow unit though ~c~

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Oldfart9999

Quote from: Mike Cork on September 13, 2021, 10:26:03 AM
Absolutely not something you should do Rodney. I know we worry about our boats but if that flat bed driver messed it up, they have insurance and would fix it. If you got messed up, fixing would be much more difficult....

Good news about the bow unit though ~c~

You're right but it's tough giving up a lifetime habit, some day I'll learn to turn around and not watch.
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

Pacific NW Ron

Sorry that happened to you but glad you didn't hurt yourself.  Trailers are easier to fix than old men!!!
Enjoying retirement in the great Pacific Northwest.  I've turned into a fair weather angler.  Why do it today when I can do it tomorrow?