Bass Fishing Forum Bass Fishing Forum

Site Slogan

News: NEW FORUM! Yes, this is UB! Feedback HERE!

Academy Robbed

(Read 943 times)

BECOME A CHARTER MEMBER SUPPORT UB

Blacknredflake

• Charter Member
  • Baby Bass
In a way.... the title is right.

Stopped by my local Academy after word to see what they had left in the Boom Boom series....

Well to say the least...... I picked up 2 Boom Boom 743SF's for $38 EACH!!!!!

They also had a 803CB but I let another guy have it after I seen what the price was.  I have 1 already so no need for another.

Go to your Academy's.... grab whatever Boom Boom rods you find and scan them and buy them... then run home and hide them from the wife!!!

Arsenal is now at
Colt 702SF
Fury 735C, 735C,734C
Kaden 745
Boom Boom 803CB, 743 SF, 743SF

Damn bait monkey

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

BITE THE DAMN WORM!

BassmanRudy

• Ultimate Basser
  • I'd Rather be Bass Fishing!! :-)
What a find!!

I was just talking to a friend today about how you can't find them anymore and he said that lots of fakebook pages are full of guys who have like 25 of them after driving to all the stores they could and buying em all! I haven't seen one in my local store in weeks and it was still at $155.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

"Rudy"
I use Mister Twister Baits!
www.mistertwister.com

Blacknredflake

• Charter Member
  • Baby Bass
What a find!!

I was just talking to a friend today about how you can't find them anymore and he said that lots of fakebook pages are full of guys who have like 25 of them after driving to all the stores they could and buying em all! I haven't seen one in my local store in weeks and it was still at $155.

The tag will say 155 but pass it under the scanner at the end of an isle.  When I scanned the 803 today and seen it was $38 I went put it back. Grabbed 2 743SF's.  Talked to a guy that was lookin for a swimbait rod. Told him bout the Dobyns and showed him the price drop. He couldnt hold it tight enough lol.

Im not much into Spinning rods but will be a definite upgrade from the Colt 702SF I was using before. So I took the Diawa Legalis off the colt and put it on the Boom Boom.

I want to trade the other 743 for the Boom Boom frog rod or the Flippin stick... or another Kaden. So if ya interested. Ill meet ya halfway on I49 one day :)

BITE THE DAMN WORM!

Smallie_Stalker

• CM Community Diplomat
  • Dobyns Rods When fishing is more than just a hobby
Man!  I would have lived off Ramen for a month if I could've gotten an 803 for $38 bucks.

Sent from my One Plus 9 Pro 5G using Tapatalk

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

D.W. Verts

• Charter Member
  • Baby Bass
What a find!!

The tag will say 155 but pass it under the scanner at the end of an isle.  When I scanned the 803 today and seen it was $38 I went put it back. Grabbed 2 743SF's.  Talked to a guy that was lookin for a swimbait rod. Told him bout the Dobyns and showed him the price drop. He couldnt hold it tight enough lol.

Im not much into Spinning rods but will be a definite upgrade from the Colt 702SF I was using before. So I took the Diawa Legalis off the colt and put it on the Boom Boom.

I want to trade the other 743 for the Boom Boom frog rod or the Flippin stick... or another Kaden. So if ya interested. Ill meet ya halfway on I49 one day :)

Well, we'd have to figure it out, but I got two of the Frog Rods by mistake... Ordered Flippin' poles.

Dale
If you wanna hear God laugh, tell him your plans...

Blacknredflake

• Charter Member
  • Baby Bass
What a find!!

Well, we'd have to figure it out, but I got two of the Frog Rods by mistake... Ordered Flippin' poles.

Dale
The worst part is shipping.  Hoping it gets to desired location and in no more than 1 piece lol.     Wish I would have kept my tube from my last rod bought from Dobyns.  Pvc tybe.. lots of bubble wrap and foam blocks may be the answer.

BITE THE DAMN WORM!

BassmanRudy

• Ultimate Basser
Wellp I saw a 766 today and scanned it not only on the aisle scanner but at the checkout and never came out for 38. Dang it!

"Rudy"
www.mistertwister.com

Blacknredflake

• Charter Member
  • Baby Bass
Wellp I saw a 766 today and scanned it not only on the aisle scanner but at the checkout and never came out for 38. Dang it!

Hmmm i would have thought all the Academy's would be in the same page with the price. Might be on a store to store basis.  That blows.

BITE THE DAMN WORM!

BassmanRudy

• Ultimate Basser
No kidding! I was about to go crazy running to get it scanned!

"Rudy"
www.mistertwister.com

Blacknredflake

• Charter Member
  • Baby Bass

It kinda bumms me out cause theres a couple Academys in Baton Rouge I still need to check out....

I got my 803 in Denham Springs for $77 And got the 2 743's here in Lafayette for $38.

Ill gladly pay the $77 for the frog or flip stick. But dangit... hoping they were all down to $38 lol

BITE THE DAMN WORM!

CalcasieuBasser

• UB Member
  • Baby Bass

It kinda bumms me out cause theres a couple Academys in Baton Rouge I still need to check out....

I got my 803 in Denham Springs for $77 And got the 2 743's here in Lafayette for $38.

Ill gladly pay the $77 for the frog or flip stick. But dangit... hoping they were all down to $38 lol

I live here in Lafayette as well and I went looking for the 743 for my first ever spinning setup and they were all gone lol

Blacknredflake

• Charter Member
  • Baby Bass

I live here in Lafayette as well and I went looking for the 743 for my first ever spinning setup and they were all gone lol
And now you own one. Appreciate the awesome trade and was great meeting a fellow UB'r.

BITE THE DAMN WORM!

CalcasieuBasser

• UB Member
  • Baby Bass

And now you own one. Appreciate the awesome trade and was great meeting a fellow UB'r.

Yes sir I appreciate it man and it was awesome as well to meet another forum member

BECOME A CHARTER MEMBER SUPPORT UB