Aaron Martens Update

Started by FlatsNBay, September 14, 2021, 12:19:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FlatsNBay

http://www.mercurymarine.com/en/us/dockline/a-pros-response-aaron-martens-faces-the-fight-of-his-life-with-resolve-humility-and-gratitude/?fbclid=IwAR0qpEVuYLWwVfKQEAMVbFMOVMJMcArFCimsimiH6A5HursLn9dbGkkTxAA

Excellent article from Mercury Marine about Aaron Martens and his fight. I get teared up thinking about what he's going through. I've had the honor of meeting him several times and he's just like you would expect, one heck of a guy. Praying that he wins his battle.

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

rb-nc

I wish I had more words, but all I have is damn.
Stay strong brother

fishballer06

Aaron has gone through so much, both on and off the water. I wish him nothing but the best so he can continue to stay on the water.
3rd place 2019 iBass - Cool Casters
2nd place 2019 iBass - Team Tournament

Smallie_Stalker

Just saw the story about half hour ago. I don't even know what to say. Looked like he was doing much better for a while there.

Sent from my One Plus 9 Pro 5G using Tapatalk

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

Princeton_Man

I've sent up quite few prayers for Aaron and was thrilled to see him back fishing in May. I'd kind of lost track of his progress in recent months. More prayers going up for him and his family.
Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

Oldfart9999

Sending one up now, hope he recovers soon. If you really want to know dropshotting and shaky head fishing bring up his you tube videos, none better at thos 2 techniques.
Rodney

Sent from my SM-T290 using Tapatalk

Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

Mike Cork

He's a great guy, hate that his life has taken him down this road.

I've spoke with him many times, had dinner a couple times, he is extremely polite and loves to share his passion.

I once did an article over the phone with him while he was getting his boys a hair cut, this we a few years ago and they were a handful. He kept apologizing and I kept asking if I could call back but he wouldn't let me.

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

caddyjoe77

Prayers sent for him and his family.  If you were to lookup the term resilient in the dictionary his name should definitely come to your mind.   

Would love to take him out in the dirty bird on big G. 
BeerMe

FlatsNBay

Here's an update from Aaron Martens' mom. Not good news. Please say a prayer for Aaron to beat this!

Smallie_Stalker

Quote from: FlatsNBay on October 23, 2021, 10:24:35 AM
Here's an update from Aaron Martens' mom. Not good news. Please say a prayer for Aaron to beat this!

I tried to write something so many times but I don't really know what to say anymore. Words just don't seem adequate enough. He is so young.

My prayers for him will continue.

Sent from my One Plus 9 Pro 5G using Tapatalk

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

Pat Dilling

As left coasters, we watched him mature from a bratty teenager fishing team events with his Mom to the consummate fishing professional, family man and a genuinely nice guy.  I have donated entry fees to him in both team and Pro/Am tournaments.  So unfortunate to see him and his family go through such a trying and painful sickness.  Maybe his brain could not handle his incredible thought processes about fishing.  Praying he will get through this.
I knew I shoulda re-tied!!

rb-nc

Can't say I know Aaron but have talked to him many times. He has helped me many times. He may be the most intelligent fisherman there ever was.

Princeton_Man

Praying for Aaron an his family.
Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

Donald Garner

We'll add him and his family to our daily prayer list.
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

big g

I didn't see this post until a few minutes ago.  I posted an update at another location on the site.  It is so sad and devastating for the Marten family.  I will keep them all in our prayers!  Miracles do happen all the time, this would be an appropriate time for one!  God bless!
(Fish) - P/B 11.4, Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.

Oldfart9999

Prayers still going out!!!
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

BASSCATLILDAVE