Feedback on site effectiveness and changes

Started by MotherNature, July 01, 2006, 12:57:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MotherNature

This thread is a place where you can post your thoughts on how the site is working, changes that you think need to be made, and give feedback on those changes.

Guidelines
1. All posts should be made in a constructive manor.
2. Any posts that point out specific members will be removed.
3. This is not a chit chat thread, all off topic posts will be removed.

As Ultimate Bass grows there will be times when we will need to make policy changes and changes to the mechanics of the site. It is important that we all have a hand in this as it is not just my site, it is OUR site.

As stated above, please keep all posts constructive and polite. This is not a place for bashing or venting. If you want to vent us a PM and direct it to myself or one of the other administrators.

.·´¯`·.><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>

b1jeremy

I just wanted to say that in the past month or so...that the re construction of everything has made this site way more user friendly for me...you guys are doing a great job...definately keep up the great work...also you guys have convinced me to do the charter member thing...i am behind you guys 100%...if you ever need anything feel free to give me a yell...Jeremy

bass1cpr

THe site's been working just great.  ~c~ Laurie Your Marrrvoooolous Darling Simply Marrrrrvoooolous. 
A fish a day keeps postal away. See fishing is relaxing.  Member B.A.S.S.  Illinois B.A.S.S. Federation Nation

MotherNature

Quote from: bass1cpr on July 30, 2006, 10:09:26 PM
   THe site's been working just great.  ~c~ Laurie Your Marrrvoooolous Darling Simply Marrrrrvoooolous. 

Thanks Tom, I know that I appreciate hearing when things are working good and I am sure the staff like to see it too ;)

calincalif50

I like the layout of the site, with all the subs and all it seems to make better access to all the different sections of the site 

MotherNature

Good to hear!

Just let me know if there is anything that you would like to see or think could be better. I can't always make it happen but I can sure give it a try ;)

b1jeremy

Laurie the only thing i can think of is what i mentioned to mike last night about the whole alexa thing...i had no idea about it till i stumbled over some posts from 2003...i went directly there and got it...but...that being said...i still may have never seen it or knew about it...so it may be a good idea to make a sticky in an area where the newer folks stop and post or where you know they frequent...JMHO...

MotherNature

Thanks Jeremy,
Posting in dock tlak is usually the best... I will see if we can get a thread started, or you are welcome to post something like ~ Alexa Ranking ~ there if you like ;)

Person who need help

Hey Im my username is Big J and my password for some reason is not working.   When I try to email it to me it says the user name isnt correct.  It is.  Could a moderater or someone help me?

Kal-Kevin

I will have one of the admin check it out and get back to you sorry for the problem

Kal-Kevin

bassadict69

did you get an activation email? That email has a link that has to be activated before your username will be active.

Mike Cork

I am working your problem Big J and have run into a question. I have sent you two emails and a PM because the site is showing you on line :-\ If you are still having issues please give me a call at 318-747-3222 or reply to one of the emails or message :-*

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Big J

Thanks everyone I just worked it out.  I dont know why but it wouldnt take my username.  I dont know why.  I got off website then came back then it worked.
It was very weriod.
The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Kal-Kevin

we are just glad it all work out now enjoy your stay  ;)

Kal-kevin

Rocker

Perfect! I was just looking for a place to mention this. I notice that once I post a reply, instead of it taking me back to the thread, it sends me back to the main category. Is there maybe a setting I need to change? Thanks.

Also, I love the site. Keep up the great work.   ~c~

"The worst day fishing is better than the best day at work."

Dave

T1A

yes..there is a way in your profile settings to change that...BRB with directions

T1A

ok..go into your profile and click on "Look and Layout Preferences
Notifications and Email"  there are a number of boxes that you can either click or unclick to make things happen.  You should be able to take it from there...If not let me know and I'll assist

make sure you click "change profile" before you leave that page

Rocker

Thanks, I found it. Let's see if this works.

Dave

Rocker

Dave

T1A

BDonelson

Laurie the site is doing great as usual You are doing a great job as usual.  Thanks for all of your help and kindness.  Good Luck

Bill

AJ

I am enjoying the site and am learning a lot about bass fishing and boats and all the other good stuff posted on here.  love the jokes, seems to be easy format to use. great people, friendly community.  I'm like a kid in a candy store  quite frankly.  or would that be a fisherman in a skool of fish>???

AJ ;PHO)

Kal-Kevin

Ho_shi no matter what way you say it, the important thing is your enjoying yourself that makes us all happy.  ~c~ We are glad that you find everything you want to know and read on fishing and boating.

Kal

Lipripper

ho_shi glad you like it here and if your happy we are happy  ~c~ ~c~

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet