Carter Lake Feedback

Started by Heath_M, July 10, 2006, 02:25:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heath_M

Fished Carter July 4th and ended up with two 14"-15" bass caught on a brown/chart tube on 1/8 oz jig head. Also landed a nice 20" walleye caught on a lindy rig with a worm.

I'm sure it was beginners luck b/c I returned last weekend in the rain and was skunked.

Does anyone fish here regularly? Any advice for someone looking to improve?

Thanks!

TheWhiteVixen

That lake has its on and off days so to speak. I've been there 5 days in a row all day and havnt caught a thing. (especially in the rain) And then i've been there 5 days in a row all day and have caught tons of fish.
~The White Vixen

jigginpig

i will agree the lake can be a tough place to fish. look for extended areas of rock shelf, or find the brush. there is far more of it in the lake during high water periods... the sailboat moorings are a GREAT spot for big bass. just watch out not to hit the boats. a Senko or Fluke wacky is good, and this lake is a sleeper for big baits as well. it gets a ton of trout plants. spinnerbaits are good in the chop and mudlines that the ski boats kick up, and a topwater can work at times as well.

dont worry that the catch can be small. there are times when this lake can reward the effort with a BIG, BIG bass. stay with it.