How Many Rods And Reels Do You Own?

Started by Joda911, November 10, 2004, 12:57:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MotherNature

now that is really cool  ~c~ Great pictures I would have never guessed  that they had wooden buildings out there on the ice but then again I don't think I would drive on it either lo

I see you used the Gallery... did you have any trouble with it?

.·´¯`·.><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>

JackpineRob

Thanks, more current reports to come, if we ever get ice. 

No trouble, the gallery was pretty easy, once I looked in the right place to find it.   :-[

To get this back on track, I have about a dozen rod/reels for summer fishing 6'-6" to 8 feet long; and a half dozen ice fishing rod/reels, 24" to 36"  plus some tip-ups.

You can never have enough stuff!
Hi Ho!  I Owe!  Back to work I go!
To buy more baits, Fish 'till late
I owe, I owe!

Fishaholic

Hard water fishing.........ewwwwwwwwwwww.

Catch the latest issue of Field & Stream to see the sickest pic of all 12,000 guys/gals standing on the ice fishing...looks like rush hour traffic on the ice...not my cup of tea.

MotherNature

I don't think it is mine either Fishaholic but I am interested in learning a little bit about it. I know from reading some of your other posts that you fish mainly from the shore so when you go out how do you decide which rods to take with you?

.·´¯`·.><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>

Rickoos

Wow!!!! For some reason, that looks way to cold and unsafe for me!!!!!!!! we have trouble driving in the rain down here, much less driving on a frozen lake...........the pic's that flash in my mind while thinking about driving on that ice lake..... :roll2:

Ricky
sponsors:
American Bass Angler Pro Staff, R & M Tackle, K & M Custom Rods, Secret Weapon Lures,Vicious Fishing Tournament Team, Driftwood Lures,  Fish Hedz/Save Phace,

BIG PAPA

About 30 or so years ago Cross froze about 12 or so inches and I drove a VW all the way around the Island in front of the public launch. ~sweat One guy had a full size truck half sunk about 100 yards out, I don't know how they got it out.

papa ~str

Rickoos

Papa,

it must to had been some kind of cold during that time........wow.......I would have never dreamed of that......

Ricky
sponsors:
American Bass Angler Pro Staff, R & M Tackle, K & M Custom Rods, Secret Weapon Lures,Vicious Fishing Tournament Team, Driftwood Lures,  Fish Hedz/Save Phace,

BIG PAPA

Rickey I know you will not beoieve this but when I was young I was not real smart :-[

papa 8)

Mike Noble

Oh Papa....you should not do that.  The temptations are far too great.  :roll2:
Life is a B........each!

TREATING LIFE FAIRLY - e-reader

TREATING LIFE FAIRLY - paperback

Ask me about PROTANDIM

bassadict69

I am down to 4 or 5 that actually work. I have about 6 reels still on rods & 2 loose reels that all have one problem or another. It is about time to get at least a couple of them fixed!

BIG PAPA

Quote from: Mike Noble on December 08, 2004, 08:13:40 PM
Oh Papa....you should not do that.  The temptations are far too great.  :roll2:
Well there you have it , I guess I am not too smart noe either :-[

papa lo

Joda911

Papa, don't feel bad, that kind of stuff happens up here so much til' people don't even look up from their newspaper anymore..... :help:
"WITH all of the things that change in life it is good to have one CONSTANT that is constantly changing, yet always the same, FISHING..."

BIG PAPA

Well I went a little nuts last night and bought a Curado super free and two rick Clunns.
By the way the Rick Clunns are still on sale for 69.95 lo

papa ;D

Rickoos

Papa,

Did you get the Berkley Transitions line to go on them.... ;)  I think you will like that line.........

Ricky
sponsors:

BIG PAPA

No Rickey, Have you got to fish with yours yet? I will probably try it, I do use the Berkley Vanish on my jig rods. They fill your ree up with the Exel BPS brand I should save it for Cork ;D I know he uses it.
I only use the Bagley super silver thread for every thing else, great line :P

papa lo

Rickoos

Papa,

I really hope to try & use the new line in the morning and give a report on it this weekend......that is if I can get a weekend pass,,,,,,, :help:

Ricky
sponsors:

Mike Cork

Bass Pro excel on everything  ~shhh I really think it is the same as Berkley big game ~shade

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Rickoos

Mike,
I was thinking that also but have no proof to back it up.............good stuff whoever makes it........

Ricky
sponsors:

Mike Cork

Me either and BPS denies it, soooooo..... who knows ::)

Cork's Reel Service

BIG PAPA

Quote from: Mike on December 17, 2004, 09:03:05 AM
Bass Pro excel on everything  ~shhh I really think it is the same as Berkley big game ~shade
It does have the same qualities as big game , I had never used it till they put it on my reels. Only thing is it comes in 14 and 17 and big game does not. Just a thought.

papa lo

BassBUFF

I've got to agree with y'al on the BPS Excel, that line is great! It's all I use now.

Richard Cooper

I am currently starting to fish national trails, to break out into a pro career.  I currently own 19 rods and reels, but i only keep about 10 on my boat at a time, depending on the type of patterns i plan to fish as well as the type of lake i am going to.  I believe that each technique to be fully successful needs to have the perfect set up which includes the right rod as well as the right reel, it will make a huge difference.
Richard Cooper

Kistler Rods, Albackore Tackle Storage, Kidlizard Bait Company, Tripple Fish Lines

Fish On

2-3 rods Usually 1 with crankbait and other spinnerbait
Alluringbaits.com        Fish307.com             Protackle.net
Boatboys.com            Furryfishbaits.com    Sunrizetackle.com    cbshawgsauce.com  
Secretweaponlures.com         Pourboyplastics.com

Mike Cork

Richard Cooper, you bring up a good point. There are so many different techniques to fishing out there, several can be performed well with the same set up. But I have found that if I take the time to match the rod and reel to the fishing technique and conditions, I do a lot better. I think it is because I am not fussing with my equipment as much and can concentrate on the actual bait more.

Cork's Reel Service

Richard Cooper

I feel that confidence is a huge factor in fishing, if you have confidence in your setup as well as your pattern, you will perform a lot better.  If you have a good set up that is custom set up by you to your specifications for that technique, believe me, you will catch more fish partly because you have confidence in what you are doing.
Richard Cooper

Kistler Rods, Albackore Tackle Storage, Kidlizard Bait Company, Tripple Fish Lines