How Many Rods And Reels Do You Own?

Started by Joda911, November 10, 2004, 12:57:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cork

Well said, I too believe confidence is a big part of catching fish. And the more confident you are in your equipment the more confident you are in your abilities all the way from selecting the proper bait to casting it to that perfect spot ~c~

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

nnola17

man all yall make me wonna go out and buy more! :o  i think now i have about 3 baitcasters and 2 spinning that i really use. but there are several rods and reels laying around here and there that i never use.

cgs2004

I think I have about 10 rod/reel combos.  When I go fishing I take around 5.  Seems like I use nothing but jigging, cranking, spinnerbaits, weighted T-rig, a weightess T-rig so I have 5 reels set up for that ready to go when I'm headed out.
systemsresearchinc.com                                    Kansas St. Univ. Fishing Team

Bassfshr4e

all the reels that are at my house we have like 20 (no they arent all mine) i have about 2 or 3 and my dad and grandpa have some really old ones from when they were a kid!!
GONE FISHIN!!!

Mike Cork

Hang on to those old ones, if they aren't already they will be worth quite a bit in the future  :-*

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Kal-Kevin

12 rod  in rack
11 reels waiting for summer
5 reels under repair to give to kids
4 ice fishing poles
3 tip ups
2 fly fishing poles
1  pole waiting to be delivered

Sounds like a song  lo

The number I take out fish at any one time is seven if in a boat three if from shore.

Fishaholic

Kevin it almost reads like Sharon's song of the days left before vacation that she's been puttin up for Lip every day  lo

Kal-Kevin

I know ;D
     That is what I have listed on my computer at this time, should go see if some got miss. I don not want to think of how many baits I got down stairs,  if they do not work one year they go to storage and forgoten about.

Fishaholic

I got like 4 or 5 rod/reels that are my workhorses, but besides them, I got too many...according to my wife anyway...and let's not bring up the lure issue...you'll get me in serious trouble on that one. :roll2:

big mac

I have been accumulating over the years and keep everything in good repair. I have 34 rods and 37 reels, 2 fly, 7 baitcasters, and the rest spinning from ultralite to heavy freshwater. The rods go from heavy flippin to 4 foot ultra lite. I still have the first reel and my first rod that I used to fish with off of aquatic park pier in SF when I was 12 and my brother was 10. I have 5 tackle bags with their own supply of boxes and storage containers. I have additional boxes for re-supply purposes in the top two shelves of my garage closet. (that baitmonkey is always on my back :roll2:).

I have a 18 foot Tracker 185 and all the acoutraments that go with it. AND - - - I have never ben in a club event or tournament. I just like to fool that little green fish.

.......mac
Fished in all states but 11

Randy

13 Diawa TDX's
2 Diawa TDS's
2 Diawa TDZ's
2 Diawa hardbody Spinning reels
5 Penn Salt water reels
Other misc. that I never use.
Rods?  I have no idea really but....  I have at least 15 Diawa rods, 4 G-Loomis, 2 St. Croix, 2 Finwicks and a few others that are misc. BPS rods.  Day in and Day out I use the Diawas and G-loomis.

cmegee

I cleaned out the boat last night, and found that much to my suprise that there were twenty two rods in the boat, that's not counting the 5 or 6 catfishing rods, 10 crappie rods and some offshore rods in the office....guess I really don't need that new rod I want. :-[

FlyRod

Main Battery: (Mostly less than a year old)

2x200BSF 'Rados on Castaway 6-6 mediums
3x200B on one Berkley Tour, one AllStar TWS, one in reserve.
1x200B5 on Castaway 6-10 for S'baits     
4x100B w/wiffles from Chronarch 50MG, Three on St.Crotch Avid AC69MLXF, one on Falcon LFC 4-16
4xQuantum Spin Reels, Size 2000 and 3000, on AllStar light and medium rods.

Another 35 or so in "collector" or "reserve" status, including original (Shimano-built) Fuji Speed Spool, the first of the hi-techs.
A Loomis #8 FlyRod and a Fenwick #6 in the mix as well.
Total rods? Well, this place is known as the "Graphite Forest", LOL!

Think that's weird? Well, at last count, 28 Trumpets and Cornets plus one Fluegelhorn.

Boys n' their toys!

F.Rod

earthworm77

I have 23 Kistler Heliums with matching Shimano Sustains, Scorpions, Scorpion MG's and Antares.
Micro Munch Tackle

I am my own man.