Your choice of line?

Started by T1A, August 12, 2006, 12:32:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

burglure

bigjim is that yozuri hybrid pretty sensitive(I know it is low stretch) I was thinking of using it for drop-shotting.

bigjim5589

It's not as sensitive as braid, but yes, it is sensitive. That's one of the things I like about it!

You may want to discuss it with earthworm77, he's the one who put me onto using it.
Fanatical Fly Tyer & Tackle Maker!  It's An OBSESSION!!  J. Hester Fly & Tackle Co. LLC.

paxpress

You might want to give Izorline a try.  The XXX is very low stretch, does not have memory concerns for on spinning equipment, and you can get 1850 yards of 8lb test for $15.00 shipped to you.

Beaver Trader

Triton1A....for shakey heads I will stick with the Sniper FC like I said.  Trust me on this one.

DISCOUNTS TO UB MEMBERS
Ultimate Bass Product Sponsor

island bass

Power pro or Suffix braided for eveything

pattar629

i personaly liek sufix mono 12 pound test on my baitbaster an i have 8 on my spinnin rod an it is very nice for the price of it an has little to no memory an decent sensitivty

Rike

I really like the FC Sniper for texas rig and my jig heads.  George sent me some Machine Gun cast and I have had some solid success with my jerk baits and top waters.  They are both smooth casting and strong lines.

I did notice on Sunline's website they have either renamed all of their line for this year or made some changes so you may want to ask George!

Rike
If you think you can or you think you can't, you're right.

Bassonly

I am kind of stuck on Vanish fluorocarbon. I have used it for several years, and I love it. I also love the Vanish Transition. For shakeyhead I would use 10 or 12 pound Vainish, although I have also used P-Line. I may branch out a litlle and try some new stuff.
Boone Powell
Fishing is my job and my passion.

topcat

Power Pro the only way to go for me right now....I am planning on trying the Izorline
(pabasscat)  reccommended it so I am going to try it real soon........

Topcat

burglure

Quote from: island bass on October 04, 2006, 03:11:43 PM
Power pro or Suffix braided for eveything
Including when you throwing a crank?  Generally you want a little stretch in the line and bend in the rod, so it doesn't throw the hook as easy.

Swede

Shakespeare's Cajun Red - 12 pound test for open water applications

Stren 30-50 pound braid for the thick stuff.
My wish, for you, is that this life becomes all that you want it to,
Your dreams stay big, your worries stay small.
Rascal Flatts

teamsimper

I have started usind CUDA flourocarbon and I love it. Inexpensive, casts great, and strong as all get out. Works great on baitcasters and spinning reels both.
Redneck Pepper
Lure Tamer Pro Staff
JDC BAITS Pro Staff
Maniac Lures

Beaver Trader

Using nothing but Sunline for all my F/C, mono, copolymer and braid applications and couldn't be happiers.  Good stock on hand too.  Don't get frightened by pricing until you ask me for sure what it's going to cost you as a UB member.

DISCOUNTS TO UB MEMBERS
Ultimate Bass Product Sponsor