Ultimate Bass ULTIMATE BASS | BASS FISHING CLASSIFIED ADS | CONTACT US    

Bass Fishing information about bass boats, tackle, fishing rods, baitcasters and other reels all about bass fishing.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Thank you! Sorry about the wait...

Page Down
FREE TACKLE EVERY WEEK

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

NuTech Lures

Doc Irv Custom Baits

Life Vantage

Get Bit Outdoors

X Zone Lures

Lockett Lures Outlet

K9 Fishing Line

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

Bass Boats For Sale Free Classified Ads

Laurie Cork
Ph. (318)347-7380
You can Email Me Here

Mike Cork
Ph. (318)560-9827

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ALEXANDRIA CHAIN (Le Homme Deu, Carlos, Darling, Geneva, Victoria) REPORT  (Read 2174 times)

NiceBass

• Smallmouth
  • Lunker Central
    • My Site - MnFishing.Org

I stayed at a little family-owned resort for a full week on this chain. My cabin was on Lake Darling. The first lake in the chain. When I first got there I wentout in the boat with a couple different maps and the GPS. After a couple hours I came back in with some good ideas and spots marked on the GPS.

BASS REPORT
The next morning I gotup at about 6 AM & started throwing some plastics in the weeds and bullrushes. If you have been on this chain lately you will notice these lakes are just loaded with bass between 10-13 inches. Almost every cast I made I would pull in a small bass. Every once in a while I would get one 14 or bigger but it was very rare. I tried using a different tactic and went with the dropshot rig a little later on that day and got some nicer bass right off the weedline using leeches, minnows, or plastics. As far as plastics go - I was throwing anything you can think of into the water and it worked. I went to the local baitshop (Christophersons Bait&Tckle Co.) And talked to some of the guys there and said they have had the same results on the chain, they said its just overpopulated with small bass. There was a tournement going on this week and some guys at my resort said they were getting some bigger bass on the last lake. Lake Victoria. I didn't try it out because some of my family went up there and ruined their prop getting through all the different lakes. And I only have a 40.H.P. on the back of my boat.

WALLEYE REPORT
I wasnt getting much luck during the day. I would goout after bass fishing and try lindy rigging on some interesting structure and all I was getting was bass. I wentout with my dad just before it got dark and we trolled plugs for about 2 hours with great success. Right as we wentover a pretty big dropoff my dad landed a beautful 23 inch Walleye. After staying out I got some others not quite as big but nice eatting size. If you didn't look at the local alexandria newspaper lately, some 18year old kid landed a 10 pound walleye out of darling the weekend before. There were no details on how or where on darling he caught it though.

NORTHERN REPORT
I didn't actually go fishing for Northern. But I caught alot fishing for Bass in deeper water and trolling rapalas at night or during the day. I noticed alot of sick-looking northern this week. I also saw 5 or 6 northern up in 2-3 feet of water right off the docks at my resort. Alot of people said its because of the oxygen?

I didnt take many pictures this week because my mom forgot her camera at home and I only had my cell-phone camera. I got a couple pictures posted in CATCH OF THE DAY. But only a couple.

topcat

• Ultimate Basser
  • FnG

~c~ very good report NiceBass.....full of good info...the pic you took were great your cell did a great job......thanks for the report.........

Topcat

Swede

• Miracle Strip Bass Club Mod
  • Charter Member

Thanks for the report - looking forward to fishing up there in a couple weeks.  What's the name of the resort on Lake Darling?  Where did you get the walleyes?  Only have one day to fish there as the rest will be up on Lake Winnie.  Trying to eliminate some water.  Did you try topwaters at all?  What color plastics worked best?  Questions - questions. ;D  Thanks!!
My wish, for you, is that this life becomes all that you want it to,
Your dreams stay big, your worries stay small.
Rascal Flatts

NiceBass

• Smallmouth
  • Lunker Central
    • My Site - MnFishing.Org

Thanks for the report - looking forward to fishing up there in a couple weeks.  What's the name of the resort on Lake Darling?  Where did you get the walleyes?  Only have one day to fish there as the rest will be up on Lake Winnie.  Trying to eliminate some water.  Did you try topwaters at all?  What color plastics worked best?  Questions - questions. ;D  Thanks!!

Plastic colors - Watermelons, Pumpkins, Whites.
I ranout of 4" Pearl White w/ Gold & Black Senkos in about 10 minutes on my first family tournament of the week. I didn't get around to any topwater lures.
I'm not sure exactly where we got our nice walleyes because it was night and we could't find a spot on the GPS so we were just looking around for some interesting structure. Sorry If i couldnt answer your questions.  >:(
« Last Edit: August 20, 2006, 12:47:02 AM by NiceBass »

Swede

• Miracle Strip Bass Club Mod
  • Charter Member

Thanks for the info -
My wish, for you, is that this life becomes all that you want it to,
Your dreams stay big, your worries stay small.
Rascal Flatts
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Monster Fishing Tactle is the best place to buy your tackle needs Check them out online

When Bass Fishing Is More than Just a Hobby - Dobyns Rods

QUICK LINKS
UB Home
Main Forum
Welcome
Dock Talk
Techniques
Rods and Reels
Tackle Box
Catch of the Day
UB Contests
Tips and Ideas
Sponsor Connection
Fishing Reports
Charter Members Only
Bass Fishing Classified Ads
Boats 4 Sale

BECOME A
CHARTER MEMBER
SUPPORT UB

Find out about the contests before everyone else and know about the latest news first

Page Up

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 24 queries.