Berkley Transition

Started by calincalif50, November 23, 2004, 01:44:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

calincalif50

Has anyone tried that new transition line by Berkley.  Supposed to be low memory, gold high vis on top of the water , but when it goes under water it changes to florocarbon refaction.  Ordered some for my reels that are in repair, and thougt I'd give it a try.

Ron Fogelson

Calincalif50  I have never heard of it, but would be intrested get a performance report from you once you get a chance to use it,  You know see if it holds up to the advertisement, good knot characteristics, strength/abrasion resistance & castability.  If you don't mind keep us in the loop once you have used it a while.

Play Nice or Die!
Fogy

calincalif50

No problem Fogy.  I'll keep the board posted

Rickoos

I have some also ordered, should be here tomorrow or Friday, maybe in time for a weekend report, that is, if all the company leaves  :'( :'( so I can go have a good fishing day to my self............ ;D

I will report on it asap........

Ricky
sponsors:
American Bass Angler Pro Staff, R & M Tackle, K & M Custom Rods, Secret Weapon Lures,Vicious Fishing Tournament Team, Driftwood Lures,  Fish Hedz/Save Phace,

calincalif50

Thanks, I look forward to your reports good lcuk this weekend.  I may go to our local lake Friday morning (wife has to work) and I'm off woohoo,  a 3 day weekend

Rickoos

I got the new line in Friday, and for some reason, there were 7 new reels, BPS Gold Pro Qualifier's to put the line on, what a deal...... lo lo lo Santa must have remembered how good I have been all year for sure....... ~shade  The new line is on the reels, but no fishing report yet, did play around the yard with it some, and I like it so far.........

Ricky aa
sponsors:
American Bass Angler Pro Staff, R & M Tackle, K & M Custom Rods, Secret Weapon Lures,Vicious Fishing Tournament Team, Driftwood Lures,  Fish Hedz/Save Phace,

calincalif50

so much for fishing this weekend, 3 days to fish and not one did i get to fish.  Seven new reels, what a deal.  I'm still waiting for my two to get repaired.  I haven't received my line yet.

Rickoos

I got my line off of E-bay for a very good price, I see now that the guy only has 12# test left...........I got 2-250 yard spools for 14.97 including S&h...........Thanks for the idea Papa....... ;)

Ricky
sponsors:

calincalif50

:o
that's an incrediable price.  BPS wants that for 1- 250 yd roll of 10# or above

Rickoos

I know, I got 6 spools of it and might end up getting some more.......

Ricky
sponsors:

calincalif50

Well hurry up and go fishign so I can have a report on its weakness' lo

Rickoos

I hope this weekend............we will get to try it out......that is, if work doesn't drag me down...... :'(

Ricky
sponsors:

calincalif50

:shocking: You had to go and use that four letter word...and on a Monday no less.

Rickoos

You're right..... I need to forget that word for sure.... lo lo lo

And just get it done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The fishing that is..... lo lo

Ricky
sponsors:

BIG PAPA

Quote from: Rickoos on November 29, 2004, 11:55:02 AM
I got the new line in Friday, and for some reason, there were 7 new reels, BPS Gold Pro Qualifier's to put the line on, what a deal...... lo lo lo Santa must have remembered how good I have been all year for sure....... ~shade  The new line is on the reels, but no fishing report yet, did play around the yard with it some, and I like it so far.........

Ricky aa
Way to go Ricky! 7 new reels You must have been pretty good TOO ;)

papa :{_

Rickoos

Hey Papa, I got a few extras for spares, just in case those french words come out and the rods& reels start flying out of the boat..... lo lo lo   
Got to love that girl,  she still talks about losing that rig and feeling bad about it......... ;)

Ricky
sponsors:

calincalif50

got home from work yesterday , and what's on my door setp but my Berkley transition.  Now if mny reels will come in so I can spool them and try it out on hte fishies....here fishy fishy

Rickoos

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!  ;D ;D  It seems everytime this new Berkley Transition line is ordered, new reels show up for the line to be put on............ isn't that a plus!!!!!!! :-* :-* :-*  I may just order some more just to make sure its true..... ;D

Ricky
sponsors:

calincalif50

Rickoos,
  How did yo make out with the tranistion line.  I'm going to use some tomorrow morning

Rickoos

The same here, if the weather permits, I will try it in the morning and report on it, hope it is as good as it looks, then we will have a winner..... ~c~ ~c~ ~c~

Ricky
sponsors:

calincalif50

Read an intersting article on it, its been coated with a special compound that reacts with ultraviolet light.  So when its out of the water the ultraviolet lights causes it to turn gold.  when it falls under the water the refractive index of water diffuses the UV so it becomes almost fluorocarbon in nature.  Pretty neat stuff.

You ever use a product called gorilla braid?  was thinking of using some on my swim bait rod -n-reel 

Rickoos

No, I haven't. I looked at some and almost got it, but didn't. I was thinking it was like spiderwire and fire-line.......

Ricky
sponsors:

calincalif50

so it would appear.  have a great weekend

Rickoos

Well this weekend got to use and play with the new Berkley Transition Line and I must say that I really like this line. It's tough but has a small diameter to it and man can you see this line shine. It's a bright amber color when the sun light hits it but under the water it seems clear. It's also very limp with no line twist, at least not yet! More testing will see if there is any twisting or other items to discuss.......But for now, I'm happy with this new line.......
It's very easy to see and pick up on and that's good for these old eyes of mine....

Ricky

sponsors:

calincalif50

~c~  That's GREAT!!!  Although I didn't get eh chance to fish this weekend, it was a good weekend.  I went to pick up my reels that were back from repairs, and instead of getting the old reel back Quantum replaced it with a newer model with a flippin switch.  It's a Quantum ICON,  :shocking: what a deal.  The old reel must not have been repairable.  They replaced the part on my quantum PTI and works good as  new,  plus I did a littel Christmas shopping for myself, pickup two Diawa procasters to go on my empty rods, only miscounted and now I need a new rod...oh darn I hate it when that happens, imagine having to get a new rod to go with your reel.  I'll be spooling up the transition line on them this coming weekend

Did you have any brid nesting problems with the line.  I have had some problems with the florocarbon in the past.  With the gold color are you uable to see it laying on the surface?

Sounds like some good line.  I can't wait