Big Winni Fishing Reports

Started by Swede, September 05, 2006, 09:08:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swede

Spent labor day weekend at the lake out of Dennys Resort.  Got together with 3 of my high school buddies - celebration of our all turning 40 this year.  The owners (Pat and Rhonda) were super nice and we caught "the snot" out of the walleyes.  The bite is on here folks.  My partner and good friend Todd Warmbold helps run the MN Tournament Trail and fished the lake often.  There have been days recently in the heat that you'de be lucky to catch a fish - but that was not the case this weekend.  Saturday we caught 6 keepers in 13-17inch range but lots and lots of fish that were short or in the 17-26 inch slot which have to be released.  We fished the east side of the lake in 3-7 ft of water.  Bait has moved into the grass over there and the walleyes are feasting.  We were using short shanked jigheads in gold, blue/white, green/white tipped with a fathead minnow to get our fish.  White twister will get some fish as well.  Sunday we estimated we caught around 50 fish, 12 keepers.  We were getting bit off occasionally by pike and landed some of those as well.  My partner landed a 10-12 pound pike - that jig was placed in his jaw at just the right spot - lucky it did not cut him off.  Fished half day on Monday - things slowed down a bit - caught 3 keepers, 10-20 total.  Temps were mid-70s during the day and the water temps ranged from 63-69 degrees.  Partly cloudy skies all three days.  Went to a smaller lake nearby Pemmushe? for some crappie action Saturday evening - 47 caught between 3 boats - 3/4 pound size.  Pat hosted a fish fry on Sunday evening and what a feast it was.  Put two helpings of walleye into the stomach and then we went back out for some late action off Little Stoney point - 4 keeper walleye.  Some nice perch have been caught in the 13 inch range there recently.  Folks - if you want some great hospitality - give the Pat and Rhonda a call at Dennys Resort.  I will make another trip there next year.  Pat runs launches for fishing them walleyes - his boat caught 16 keepers on Saturday.  Until next time.....thanks to Big Winni for a great time.
My wish, for you, is that this life becomes all that you want it to,
Your dreams stay big, your worries stay small.
Rascal Flatts

Warpath

Thanks for the report Swede, glad to hear you are having a ball up there.

Eric

Swede

Pics posted in Catch of the Day thread.
My wish, for you, is that this life becomes all that you want it to,
Your dreams stay big, your worries stay small.
Rascal Flatts

topcat

Thanks for the report Swede......

Topcat