Connie does repairs too right?

Started by 327, December 01, 2004, 02:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Might be buying an old shimano baitcaster off ebay, and just wondering if Connie does repairs too. I would be sending one to clean, and one to get repaired at the same time. I just wanted to make sure its ok!

conniek

Be ware purchasing older reels. There may not be any parts available. Shimano does have a Vintage Program and that includes shops who have parts for the older reels. I don't have any parts for older reels.
however,  we can clean reels if nothing is wrong. Altho I must tell you up front, no two speeds.
good luck on your purchases. hmmm, why not just buy you new reels? the curados aren't very expensive and you get warranty with those. Just a thought. conniek
conniek-Gycb Pro Staff,Ask about our maint. video and training school- SEE US IN DEC ISSUE BASSMASTER

what is a two-speed? Also, I was outbid by $.25 on the reel, so I didn't buy it. For the amount I fish, it wont be worth me sinking the cash into a Curado unless I get one for Christmas or something. I really want one though!

conniek

I don't work on them so not sure, but i thnk they have two pinion gears and two drive gears so you can change gear ratio. well, maybe santa claus will bring you a new reel for xmas. :)conniek
conniek-Gycb Pro Staff,Ask about our maint. video and training school- SEE US IN DEC ISSUE BASSMASTER

the one that i want to get cleaned looks kind of like the reel pictured here

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=36146&item=7118395108&rd=1

but the model number and stuff are all worn off and its gray in color. these are ok right?