Boat Cover Tip

Started by BassBUFF, October 31, 2006, 04:14:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BassBUFF

Take a foam "noodle" (kids swim toy) and use it as a barrier around windshields, TM props, etc... before putting your cover on the boat. Just cut to desired length and cut a slit in one side to slide it on. It'll keep those sharp edges from wearing a hole in the cover! :)

bassfishing5

We've always folded a towel around the trolling prop, but I'm still trying to think of other ways to cover it. Foam has been up there on my list of ideas. We have enough of those foam things you speak of float up in here from people playing out on the main lake. I don't know how many of them I've picked up.

(In other words, if you choose to use this tip, you may not have to go out and buy one  ;)   )

calincalif50

I DO THE SAME BUT WITH THE BIG HOSE INSULATION FOR THE WATER PIPES

JayPea2006

too cool, way to protect a $300 investment! Thx for the tips!

Swede

Agreed JayPea - this tip thread can save folks hundreds and thousands of $$.
My wish, for you, is that this life becomes all that you want it to,
Your dreams stay big, your worries stay small.
Rascal Flatts

Oldfart9999

Quote from: BassBUFF on October 31, 2006, 04:14:44 PM
Take a foam "noodle" (kids swim toy) and use it as a barrier around windshields, TM props, etc... before putting your cover on the boat. Just cut to desired length and cut a slit in one side to slide it on. It'll keep those sharp edges from wearing a hole in the cover! :)

Ya'll reading these?
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

Bassinkorea

Quote from: Oldfart9999 on December 10, 2018, 07:59:36 AM
Ya'll reading these?
Rodney

I am, and I need to use this tip for my boat cover   :-*
2020 IBASS Gold - Zone 2 - AOY
2020 IBASS Classic - Winner
2020 IBASS Team Tourney - Winner (with FD)