Jackplate size

Started by BassBUFF, November 09, 2006, 09:37:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BassBUFF

I've read elsewhere that the Legend hulls run better with an 8" jackplate compared to the factory installed 10" plate. Has anybody ever talked to Dean about this?

hesjustbassin

I saw the same thing and would love to see some comparison numbers.
'Insanity is doing the same things over and over again and expecting the different results' Albert Einstein.

Mike Cork

They are still playing with it a bit, for jack plate size there are a ton of things that go into it.... Prop size, boat load, and driving preference. For a standard starting place out of the box the best compromise is the 10 inch. But you can have what every you want put on :-* If you want to down size and then play with some more expensive props you might get more speed out or it, but that also depends on what size boat you are looking at as well ;) Lots of variables, they went with the easiest to drive and play with :-*

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

BassBUFF

I'm going with the LE195, it fits the budget and garage (with the swing tongue trailer) lo!

So you're saying the 8" would require a worked prop?

Mike Cork

No not at all, but the high performance guys that are wanting to squeak every extra 1/2 MPH out of the boat do used worked props. To be completely honest the way the come out of the factory is set up to be the best of all worlds, Hole Shot, Top End Speed, and Stability. If you get to playing with it you are going to sacrifice one of the three  ;) Hole shot isn't as important to some as being able to go a mile per hour faster :)

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

bassadict69

Quote from: BassBUFF on November 11, 2006, 08:06:27 AM
I'm going with the LE195, it fits the budget and garage (with the swing tongue trailer) lo!

Remember Steve...The garage can always be made a little bigger!

BassBUFF

That's what I told my wife! But she didn't like the idea of losing closet space................hers! :roll2: :roll2:

Sounds like I need to stick with the 10" to begin with. Good points Mike.