Anyone use one of these machines?

Started by hesjustbassin, November 13, 2006, 05:09:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hesjustbassin

I'm in the market for a new centrifugal pouring machine and came across these guys. Does anyone know anything about tekcast machines?
'Insanity is doing the same things over and over again and expecting the different results' Albert Einstein.

hesjustbassin

Well I just forked out a little over $13,000 for a tekcast and some new molds, so I hope it works out. From what the rep. said, I should be able to pump out 300-700 jig heads per hour depending on size.
'Insanity is doing the same things over and over again and expecting the different results' Albert Einstein.

Mike Cork

Thats some serious jig pouring  :o I know that type of equipment isn't cheap and it's going to take a lot of jigs to pay for it ~sweat Keep us posted on how it works :-*

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

topcat

Wow thats a lot of jig heads....I might just have to get your address and get my Jig heads from you
will you be pouring all sizes.....and shapes as far as the heads are concern.....

Topcat

nlareau

The hot spinnerbait around here is the mini-me.  It is small and heavy.  They keep the head compact by moving the balance of the weight behind the skirt.  That makes it small but still heavy.  They work because the spotted bass here like the smaller size and it quickly drops deeper than a regular spinnerbait.

Lot's of people make small spinnerbaits, but they don't move the weight back, they just make them light.

Anychance you'll start casting spinnerbait heads (and yes, I've see the ones on stamina.com, they are the kind I'm talking about)?
The early bird may get the worm, but it is the second mouse that gets the cheese.

hesjustbassin

Quote from: nlareau on November 17, 2006, 06:28:54 AM
Anychance you'll start casting spinnerbait heads (and yes, I've see the ones on stamina.com, they are the kind I'm talking about)?
I will eventually, but for now I need to stick with my jig heads until I can get a feel for supply and demand.

GotstaFish

Thats some serious bucks to consider I can pour around 250  3/8 heads an hour by hand.
[Please enable JavaScript to see this content]

hesjustbassin

The pouring by hand was just not giving me a warm fuzzy due to health hazards. I've got two young kids that don't need to be around that. This way the melting pot is contained above the unit and dispenses lead by program, so I don't have to be near it.

GotstaFish

Swede

Anyone heard of health problems from pouring your own lead?  After hearing mention of it here - just got to wondering about that aspect.
My wish, for you, is that this life becomes all that you want it to,
Your dreams stay big, your worries stay small.
Rascal Flatts

GotstaFish

Quote from: Swede on November 20, 2006, 02:18:20 PM
Anyone heard of health problems from pouring your own lead?  After hearing mention of it here - just got to wondering about that aspect.
You should pour in a well ventilated space. The fumes are hazardous!!!