Started by Jared LeBlue, December 29, 2004, 08:47:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cork

what size of suffix line are you using?

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

blake711

I haven't used suffix but I did switch from mono this year to p-line.. I am hard pressed to think I am going to find a mono I like better than this p-line.. the only thing I have had to do is change my knot a bit I use a crawford knot I simply make an extra half loop around before finishing the knot.  I have had almost no memory issues with it and its limp and casts well.

LochRaven05

ive been using 12 pound test and it hasnt snapped at all on some pretty big fish.

Sc Bassin

I have been using PLine (12 & 15 # test) for about a year now. It does have a memory. I have recently spooled up my worm reels with Yo-Zuri Hybrid. I like it so far. It has a greater breaking strength (same # test) than PLine. It also seems to be a little softer. 

bass1cpr

Blake what # test have you been using?
A fish a day keeps postal away. See fishing is relaxing.  Member B.A.S.S.  Illinois B.A.S.S. Federation Nation

blake711

I have been using the 15# floroclear and I really like it.. Only issue is I have to remember to pull a few feet out if I put heavy tension on it if I am atempting to unhang a hook or something otherwise next cast I get an abrupt stop. 

bass1cpr

Yes the Fluroclear doesn't hae the memory of regular CXX and is a smaller Dia. but also not as strong as regular CXX. Still a goodline. I use it for crankbaits in clear water lakes. 
A fish a day keeps postal away. See fishing is relaxing.  Member B.A.S.S.  Illinois B.A.S.S. Federation Nation

blake711

Well the Floroclear is the only line I have used I haven't tryed any of the others.  It holds up as well or better than 17# Streen mono that I was using.  and its much thiner which I like and not as stretchy

BIG PAPA

I used p-line premimum for about 3 years, I was pretty happy with it but kept hearing that this line and that line was better so I started experimenting. The plain BPS XPS line is about the most memory free line I have used except for the Bagley's super silver thread. In 17 lb. and down these 2 lines are just about memory free. I like the silverthread for the abraision resistance a little better, but it is sometimes hard to find and the XPS is a very good line. The silver thread seems to have a little slicker finish and casts flawlessly.
Bass 1 if you have not tried it you need to, This from a past die hard p-line man.
Now I have not tried it in the smaller tests 17 and 14 are the smallest I have used.
papa

bass1cpr

Papa I've heard from quite a few people that like the XPS line. I'm still a P-Line man but have been using Stren Flurocarbon pretty regular the last two years on my two Loomis rods one for worms and one for Jigs. I've tried some of the Suffix before they changed it this year and couldn't really complain about it but I have gotten use to the low strech lines.
     I feel they give you a little edge in sensativity. I may try some XPS in the future but I still have a pretty good supply of P-Line.

pipewrench

i have been wondering about the suffix line myself. i have tried at least a dozen different lines and i plan to try a few more before i make up my mind. right now i have 15lb trilene big game on all my reels. i have been planning on picking up some of the yo-zuri hybrid but havent gotten around to it yet.

blake711

Papa are you saying your using the BPS Signature series mono or their florocarbon?  That stuff seems pretty pricey..

cable guy

for a light line 6-8 lb you would be suprized at the mr.crappie line is unbeliveble, it very very tough i can stighten out a worm hook with it and its very cheap,
god grant that i may live to fish until my dying day and when it comes to my last cast i then most humbly pray when in the lords safe landing net i"m peacefully asleep that in his mercy i be judged as good enough to keep. member BASS,ILLINOIS FEDERATION

Worm Angler

You Guy's need to git rid of all that other line and use Super Silver Thread it is the only line that is the best in all types of fishing
I am a firm beleiver in this line at any pound test and on any kind of reels  ~c~