Your Favorite Lake in Alabama

Started by CouchTater, December 31, 2006, 01:58:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BASSCAT07

I will I actually am hoping to fish two tournaments a week at night this year and try and get some good pics

fishingken

Weiss Lake Alabama's hidden secret.

cinchup73

Eufaula just for one reason, I can prefish and get good weight, then the tournament rolls around and i zero. It brings me back to earth. The lake is everchanging and there are so many spots that cater to different techniques and each type of fisher. Ill conquer her one day.
Take a kid fishing, and make them fishers of men-and women to!

bamabass19

lake guntersville,goose pond colony,,,,,wheeler lake ingals harbor

cinchup73

There must not be many Eufaula fisherman on the site. ~cf
Take a kid fishing, and make them fishers of men-and women to!

fishinrod

pumpkinseed

fishinfranklin

Eufaula south end, lots of good deep water structure to fish and patuilia creek is allways good to me. Dale County Lake is another good little lake that produces some good fish.

sweeper68

Guntersville no doubt. It's my home lake so I might be prejudiced. The lake is getting pressured more and more all the time due to it's nationwide popularity. But it's a massive lake and they are always different methods and different locales to explore and get away from the buzz of the Tourney anglers. I've been known to let a nice bass swim around for a few  minutes as the Tourney guys go by so they won't see me boat a nice bass. ~roflmao  Or another favorite I sometimes use is the Guide strike method which you use to fool passerbys into fishing a dead hole. Jerk like you're getting one strike after another. This will cause them to back out of the throttle and circle your hole. Another competitor bites the dust  ;D   My second choice Is Neely Henry for the Spotted Bass . Third will be Wheeler for Smallies. And there you have it. I am very fortunate to live close to some  of the best fishing lakes in the country. Roll Tide...  Sweeper68

nmanley

Favorite in order is Lake Jordan, Millers Ferry and Lake Eufaula. Had many good trips on all of them.
Nolan Manley - Daleville AL

caponder

Chris Ponder
2013 Skeeter 21I
Yamaha 250 SHO

BAMACAT

~cf Guntersville  ~gf

ROLL TIDE....NATIONAL CHAMPS AGAIN, FINALLY.
"Get the net boys!"

CouchTater

Guntersville wasmy long time favorite but right now any lake that I can wet a line in is my favorite.
@BamaBass Twitter
@BamaBass78 Instagram

jjonesoutdoors

Eufala -    have done a lotta good on that lake,  also have had some tough days on that lake. Lol......

fishingken

Weiss is tops. Lots of big spots and bucket mouth fish.

gbearden

garland7

I live way down here outside Mobile, so I fish Big Creek Lake Most of the time. Millers Ferry ok, want to fish the big G, and eufala
garland7

Lee Smith

Love all the Tombigbee lakes and Warrior.  Have too!  Ton of tourny's on them.  For fun, it's hard to beat Millers Ferry though, that place is loaded!
Builder of Custom Personal Bassin' Rods

dallicis

Weiss, only because its the only lake in AL that I get a chance to fish, my Dad has a little place on the lake close to Centre, AL.

basskicker3440

Won my first tournament there . Catch alot of big spots!!!

bhc4aub

I like pickensville (aliceville lake).

jonboy

Guntersville for sure but there is no place like home. The mobile river delta, You can fish any method you can think of and catch fish and if the bass aint bitin you can catch bream or pearch or catfish or red fish or speckeled trout or jack crevell or sharks or stingrays or.... well I could do this all day :)
The only thing more depressing than not catching fish is not being able to go

Polaris425

I fish Holt (Black Warrior) a lot.. not that it's my favorite it's just, close, and easily accessible.

I catch way more fish down at Lock 8 section of the Warrior. But, it's a lot farther away. And you gotta be real careful navigating down there. LOTS of trash in the river and it's always muddy. The Cat doesn't like to go slow lol...

Going to wheeler soon for the first time. Hoping that it will be my new favorite!
Fishin' Alabama
Building Rods, & Snatchin' Lips.

rather be musky fishing

Logan Martin

off my GF's Aunt's boat house.

We have caught anything and everything from the dock.
Bream(all varieties), Crappie (many over 15", 2 were 17+"), Largies, Stripe, Spot, Channel Cat and even a nice Blue Cat.  We rarely ever get skunked.

bamafishin

Neely Henry and Logan Martin....I hate Weiss, never fished Lay yet, never did good at the big G but don't fish it much either, Weedowee heck no hate deep water.
I'm a member of the following pro staffs..Denali Rods,JJ'S Magic,Toad candy custom lures,Livingston lures,Raw jigs,The Rod Condoms,Outdoorsmandirect and Team pink fishing