Your Favorite Lake in Florida

Started by Swede, November 27, 2006, 06:12:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OkeechobeeAngler

Stick Marsh Farm 13 then the Big O.

holeshot

I'd hafta say Istokpoga in Lake Placid Fl.... ~gf....can be tuf sometimes ~xyz...but usually gives up a good fish or two on most every trip. ~shhh

FlBoy83

I have to go with my home waters, Lake Toho all the way, learned to fish on that lake and have a lot of memories attached to it
Genius is more often found in a cracked pot than a whole one -E.B. White

ccr425

Lake Jackson!  She's trying to come back.....

TWIG2323

Harris Chain, I'm new to the area and these are the lakes that I live close to.
TWIG2323

Timothy Wigley

lhoughta

Lake Monroe in Sanford/Enterprise 4 bass over 9lb this week in the heat... best is after the Shad run and spawn when all the schools of 3-4 inch shad start heading out to sea.  Sunshine and largemouth school up and start eating.

bfn18

Lake Osborne because its in my back yard and the big O from time to time.

DavidBailey

Whatever little lake/pond in the Orlando ares I can get my pond hopper on..  ~cf
"I don't get outta bed to come in second place"

big g

For me its The Everglades including the Alley, Holey Land, and L67.  Lake Okeechobee, and Lake Ida. ~roflmao
(Fish) - P/B 11.4, Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.

pottsman21

I live in Fort Myers. Is there any Lakes close by?

Deadeye

Just realized I never posted in here.

I mostly fish the St Johns River System. The River itself can be good or a real challenge. Out of the system,  I would have to say the Lake Woodruff is my favorite, as long as the FWC hasn't paid the Air Boats to spray and killed everything on it.

Lake Monroe has come a long way over the last couple of years and can be good fishing if you hit it right.

Once I get a newer bigger boat I plan to hit some of the other lakes.

FD

Toho to Kissimmee - 4 of the best big fish factories on the planet.
Arti-FISH-ial Entertainment Guide Service
FDx Custom Rods                                   SwampCat Boat Works

zamguy

Definitely Okeechobee for me.  But I do love fishing TOHO and the others too.
2016 LCB, 250 Merc Pro XS, Lowrance Electronics
GLoomis Rods  Shimano Reels  Power Pro line

bjcamp

STICK MARSH FARM 13

Where the monsters live and like to play.
Personal best so far is a 13.2 and i've lost bigger .
BJCAMP   [Bruce ]
ROF Retired old fart

TritonmikeFL09

my favorite WAS Gatorbone Lake until it Dried up  ~xyz . We had a small lake house there it sure killed the property values there on all the Keystone Heights lakes

rick c

Right now I like Keansville...DON'T TELL ANYONE I also live on the Harris chain and Griffin is my favorite.

topwaterfanatic

December 2015 Florida Bragging Rights 1st Place Winner (103.5'' 5 bass total). Top 5 Bass I caught in April 2016=117.5'' combined length.
Onward

JLew

Withlacoochee River.  It connects to Panasofkee, Rousseau, and the Rainbow River.  It does not get more beautiful and there are some HUUUUUUGE bass in it.  That river flows tholrough my veins.  I do believe that is where my ashes will be scattered when the time comes.

FloridaFishinFool

Not tellin'
Words are the exercise for the brain. Words are life expressed... without words we die a slow meaningless death. Silence to the grave is no way to go! So live! Use words! Power of the pen is sharper than any sword! Make it so! Mom said don't surround yourself with idiots! Fly higher than the Eagles... and don't run with the turkeys! Deus Vult!

hezekiahes

Quote from: Tom G on February 03, 2008, 05:51:27 AM
   Lake Harris Chain. I`m new to this site and live on Lake Harris in Yalaha.  I fish about 5 times a week (weather permitting). I gladly share info with any one fishing the lakes. Tom G.

Sorry to hijack a thread here...

My favorite is the Lake Harris Chain too...

Tom...are you still around?  I would love the chance to pick your brain sometime!!

Walter
1990 Ranger 374v
1996 Mariner 175 HP 2.5L EFI
It's now how fast you fish, it's how well you fish fast

basss

In no particular order

Conway chain, lake Jessamine, John's lake and the butler chain.
1995 Gheenoe Highsider
2018 12' Bote HD Paddleboard

Bubbafish

Stickmarsh and kenansville, any swamp near there

Eric-Maine

Okeechobee, a different puzzle every day.

Soulfisher

Lake Mary, Lake Pickett, Lake George

Toadfishjax

I used to fish Santa Fe in Alachua with my dad and grampa about 15 years ago. My dad and I bought a G3 bass boat a few months ago and I think I am going to take the trip down there this Saturday and see what I can do. After looking at Google Map I think I want to try the North end of the little lake where that natural spring is and toss some top water frogs around the docks and what looks like lilly pads or grass lines. Then maybe hit the pass and throw some soft plastics a little off the shore line around the points of the pass.