Your Favorite Lake in Florida

Started by Swede, November 27, 2006, 06:12:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lipripper

Quote from: Toadfishjax on June 27, 2017, 06:49:52 PM
I used to fish Santa Fe in Alachua with my dad and grampa about 15 years ago. My dad and I bought a G3 bass boat a few months ago and I think I am going to take the trip down there this Saturday and see what I can do. After looking at Google Map I think I want to try the North end of the little lake where that natural spring is and toss some top water frogs around the docks and what looks like lilly pads or grass lines. Then maybe hit the pass and throw some soft plastics a little off the shore line around the points of the pass.
If you go be sure to stop back by and do a report with some  ;PHO) of the fish and your new boat.  ;D

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Adam

Right now being a bank beater it is one of the ponds at catfish creek preserve.  It offers me the most accessible bank that I have found in my area.

Basstracker17

Lipripper

Basstracker17

Biggest 5 weighed 37lb last time out. My wife and I tied for big bass with 8 1/2 lbers. It's hard to fish anywhere else.

Lipripper

Quote from: Basstracker17 on January 31, 2018, 02:09:12 PM
Biggest 5 weighed 37lb last time out. My wife and I tied for big bass with 8 1/2 lbers. It's hard to fish anywhere else.
I hear you and would fish there all the time too. ~c~ ~c~ You need to get in on the Bragging rights competition they have down here in the Florida section. :)

Basstracker17

Best day we ever had by quite a bit.

Lipripper

Quote from: Basstracker17 on January 31, 2018, 05:44:29 PM
Best day we ever had by quite a bit.
Did you get some  ;PHO) of them nice fish?

big g

Quote from: Toadfishjax on June 27, 2017, 06:49:52 PM
I used to fish Santa Fe in Alachua with my dad and grampa about 15 years ago. My dad and I bought a G3 bass boat a few months ago and I think I am going to take the trip down there this Saturday and see what I can do. After looking at Google Map I think I want to try the North end of the little lake where that natural spring is and toss some top water frogs around the docks and what looks like lilly pads or grass lines. Then maybe hit the pass and throw some soft plastics a little off the shore line around the points of the pass.

I knew a guy from FBN that fished Santa Fe all the time. .  He caught a bunch of big bass there off deep water brush piles using deep water crankbaits, and jigs.  He swore it was a constant producer for big bass.  If pounding the bank doesn't work out, look for off shore isolated clumps in 10 to 20 feet of water.  Good luck and let us know how you do.
(Fish) - P/B 11.4, Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.

NT180FS

Gotsnodooks

I fish mostly in the Dora chain...but I live on the St Johns and frequent Lake Beresford.