Your Favorite Lake in Maryland

Started by mjluddenjr, November 15, 2006, 07:58:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zwon13

I would have to say my fav. lake in Maryland would have to be Deep Creek by far. When that place is on IT IS ON, and when its off you still wont have a problem getting limit.

SMBassin

Quote from: greg hall on October 31, 2008, 10:28:21 AM
MOST LAKES ARE MAN MADE.IF YOU WANT MORE NATURAL LAKES GO NORTH.I CALL THE CONIWINGO THE DEAD SEA AT TIMES ~roflmao ~roflmao

:help: Sir. Was wondering if you know anyone who would like a fishing partner? I have the boat, half of all expenses, but noone to fish with. I'm very interested in the Conowingo tournys held by Anglers Choice.

Thanks.
"You might want to get the net"

Skraemer

Potomac River....without question. Loch Raven is overfished, most people will get mad about this but its truth. It just isnt what it use to be. My second choice is Middle River, third would be nrth side susquehanna.
"If in doubt , the white crank bait comes out!"

hellbendernut

Liberty is my favorite Lake...smallmouths, striper, walleyes and largemouth.........
" Get The Net! "

Dbrunner

Haven't heard anybody mention black hills aka the lake fork of md. Standing timber in 30 feet of water hydrilla and monster bass  .

FishtoLive14

My lake! Caught 4 22+ INCH FISH in 4 outings in May and June. Also my lake still holds the record for largemouth bass at 11 lbs. 2 oz

bigb201

Wow!! What lake would your lake be?

Please do not use Outdoor Hub Mobile, Please find and use TapaTalk for your phone

Creel Limit Zero

Yeah, where would one find this lake...   ;D

FishtoLive14

It is a private 11 Acre lake in Southern Maryland. I run guide trips on it because I am the only one in the state with rights to it. Message me if interested.  ~cf

FishtoLive14

The biggest this year was 7.4 pounds. 23 inches by 16 girth. ~gf

mahdi

Triadelphia Reservoir and Little Seneca Lake are very good lakes. Someone caught a 32 inch striped bass. Check it out,
Soft plastic fishing, its as easy as pie

H8R

Top 5 Eastern Shore:

Tuckahoe SP
Marshy Hope
Unicorn Lake
Smithville Lake
MudMill Pond

Top 5 Western Shore:
Deep Creek Lake
Liberty
Belle Grove Ponds
KennyCott Ponds
Pretty Boy

RiverRatMD

Hey Guys,

I'd say my favorite lake is certainly Conowingo Lake.  Yes, I'm calling it a Lake!  Very Good stringers can be pulled from the Conowingo (I consider 15-20 lbs very good on Conowingo).  I have to throw a big mention in there for the Potomac BUT.......The Susquehanna river and the Flats can NOT be beat right now.  The long dominance of the Potomac is in the past ~shade

Nice to meet ya'll.....And speaking of the Susquehanna flats....Come on out and fish our 2013 open tournament out of Tydings, Harve De Grave this April 7th. 
2013 Hazzard County Bassmasters Open
www.hazzardcountybassmasters.com

Kris

I'll vote with Habby, I like Piney Run.  Just don't like the launch fee since I get in free as a Senior. Kris

Quote from: Habby on January 05, 2007, 05:51:54 PM
Piney Run Reservoir
Piney run Park, Sykesville Md.
Carroll Co.
410-795-3274
Reservoir fishing in MD, Vietnam Vet, Retired
Ouachita 16' Model B, Minn Kota, Lowrance, Raymarine
Moderator - Maryland Fishing Reports and Chat

RTWilke

My favorite lake in Maryland is the one I'm on on any given day. Loch Raven, Liberty, Prettyboy,  the Chesapeake Bay, and a few ponds I won't tell you about. Plus the Gunpowder.  We live in a great place.

RTWilke

cmb

My favorite lake would have to be Conowingo,only because I live a mile from the launch! ;D

Kris

RTWilke is right and it is the major reason I have lived here for so long.

I do like Piney Run the best and it is the closest in MD to my home.  I also like Little Seneca Lake in Black Hills Park, Triadelphia, Rocky Gorge because I fish mostly electric only lakes now.  Back in the day I fished all over MD and several other States in rivers, creeks and bays.  Best thing about Maryland in my opinion is that I can be at the Ocean in a few hours, the Mountains in a couple hours and several other States in a couple of hours.
I have thought about going to the Baltimore City Reservoirs, Liberty and Prettyboy, but have more fun with more places to choose from right now.
Reservoir fishing in MD, Vietnam Vet, Retired
Ouachita 16' Model B, Minn Kota, Lowrance, Raymarine
Moderator - Maryland Fishing Reports and Chat

gshappell

Right now its Triadelphia.  Fished it in past years and came away with nothing.  Of course this year I finally get some fish (and my pb) and it will be closed in 10 days.  LOL.  Like the Gorge too.  Need to try out Deep Creek and get back to Piney Run.

Ross922

I live in White Marsh... I think I am in a terrible spot for local bass fishing haha. Centennial Park and Wilde lake are nice but they are about 45mins-1hr from me.

I hear hot/cold stories about Loch Raven Reservoir. Just went google maps fishing for hidden gems, even on an abandoned golf course nearby, nothing...sigh.

kanadiankicker

Quote from: Ross922 on May 26, 2017, 02:48:38 PM
I live in White Marsh... I think I am in a terrible spot for local bass fishing haha. Centennial Park and Wilde lake are nice but they are about 45mins-1hr from me.

I hear hot/cold stories about Loch Raven Reservoir. Just went google maps fishing for hidden gems, even on an abandoned golf course nearby, nothing...sigh.

There are a lot of decent ponds around White Marsh to fish at. There are two ponds right next to each other that I drove by in the winter that looked like they could be real good. I have not had a chance to fish there yet. Here is a link to them. I would be curious if anyone has fished here before.

https://www.bing.com/maps?osid=b497b3a1-be7f-4a25-8185-bc08834c0bc0&cp=39.448074~-76.312484&lvl=17&style=h&v=2&sV=2&form=S00027