Stemco Marine Skeeter Hauler

Started by AJ, January 21, 2007, 07:24:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AJ

Yes I AM a SKEETER

But it was made by Stemco Marine Manufacturing who was bought by Skeeter brand in the mid 70s.  I am 16ft by 5ft.  I am currently owned by ho_shi who is looking for some info on me.  He can find NO INFO on Stemco Marine Manufacturing Co.  Please Help!!

GotstaFish

AJ

gee Karl, I figured ya might have some type of help!! I thought you were all knowing

topcat

First thing clean it up and then take some pics and post them...does it have a good hull...if so you can make it a masterpiece there are no limitations...........

Topcat

GotstaFish

Quote from: ho_shi on January 21, 2007, 08:07:08 PM
gee Karl, I figured ya might have some type of help!! I thought you were all knowing
All Knowing  :roll2: :roll2: :roll2: :roll2:

AJ

Topcat those were taken at Christmas time when I got it.  Washed it out today and took it out crappie fishing.  Floor slightly weak but way better shape then my other boat.  10 times more room I think. 

hesjustbassin

Seeing as how that is one of the first of the Skeeters, If fixed up right, that could fetch a pretty penny. For information on it take the hull numbers and send it to Skeeter asking for help. I'm sure they can tell you all you want to know.
'Insanity is doing the same things over and over again and expecting the different results' Albert Einstein.

AJ

The plate on it was only hanging by 1 rivet and just barely so I pulled it off. Real hard to read is there any way to clean it up some??? Just faded but the serial Number is stamped clean as day   4897 so this is one of the first.  I have all the steering and cables, I unhooked them and left at house as they got in way.  Would love to find a Pic of what it used to look like but NUNA.

Any old timers remember anything of it???

hesjustbassin

'Insanity is doing the same things over and over again and expecting the different results' Albert Einstein.

AJ

lol ty hejustbassin  been thru the skeeter site fwrd and backward.  It looks something like that but seems to be wider and longer.  Also the chances of seeing MY wife in the front?? SLIM TO NONE. 
keep up the good work

wood skeeter

PM me, or email me at . I have all the info and lots of pics including the original wood Skeeter built in 1948 by Holmes Thurmond you see as my avatar.