Ultimate Bass ULTIMATE BASS | BASS FISHING CLASSIFIED ADS | CONTACT US    

Bass Fishing information about bass boats, tackle, fishing rods, baitcasters and other reels all about bass fishing.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Thank you! Sorry about the wait...

Page Down
FREE TACKLE EVERY WEEK

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

NuTech Lures

Doc Irv Custom Baits

Life Vantage

Get Bit Outdoors

X Zone Lures

Lockett Lures Outlet

K9 Fishing Line

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

Bass Boats For Sale Free Classified Ads

Laurie Cork
Ph. (318)347-7380
You can Email Me Here

Mike Cork
Ph. (318)560-9827

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Addition to the Legend team...  (Read 1544 times)

OHRiverRat

• Smallmouth
  • When the MotorGuide drops, the bullsh!# stops!!
    • Optimum Baits
Addition to the Legend team...
« on: February 12, 2007, 03:28:11 PM »

It looks like you Legend fans got one of my Ohio boys!!

I think that you'll be pleased with Frank and all that he brings to the table
Got this from Bassfan.com

Scalish's big switch 2/9/2007

BassFans may recall that Bassmaster Elite Series pro Frank Scalish was one of the anglers left without a ride after Stratos cut most of its pro staff late last year. At that time, he said he was looking heavily at Legend. BassFan confirmed this morning that Scalish has signed with Legend, and also that he swapped his Yamaha for a Mercury. He picked up a rod sponsor too.

"The truth of the matter is, Legend Boats came to me before the end of (last) season," he said. "At that time, I had to decline because I was with Stratos, but (Legend owner and president) Dean Smith said if anything ever happened, to call him. When Stratos pulled the plug, I called, and true to his word, he worked with me and we put together a great deal. And when I had to leave Yamaha, he was responsible for opening the door with another motor line, which was Mercury. Now I'll be running a 250 Pro XS, which is the best motor on the market. I'm just really excited."

Why'd Scalish "have" to leave Yamaha a company he'd been with for a long time? "Yamaha wasn't dealing with Legend Boats, and basically, I had a choice to make," he said. "I've been with Yamaha for a lot of years, and a lot of my decisions on the boat brands I ran were based on Yamaha. Legend's where I want to be these guys are straight-up, they listen to you, and they're small enough that you don't get lost in the cracks so I thought maybe it was time to change and do a complete makeover. So I did, with no regrets."

He added that he was able to work with Legend on his boat build to add some custom features, like an extra bilge pump, extra oxygenators, and flush-mounted Lowrance units in the bow and console.

His wrap this year will be the same as last year OSI Pro Series sealants, a sponsorship that he said is "still like a dream come true" but he'll be fishing with new sticks. "I signed with Powell rods, and that was really exiting to me. They're really lightweight. We put them on a balance beam against four other major high-end brands, and our rods came up lighter on all accounts. I also like the action, and the way the rods bend they're not too soft, but just right."
Optimum Baits Pro Staff     http//www.optimumbaits.com

Warpath

• Ultimate Basser
Re: Addition to the Legend team...
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2007, 03:54:21 PM »

Cool!

I just wish Frank some success away from Lake Erie.  That guy could catch a smallmouth in a puddle at any ramp on Lake Erie.  He won't be the only Legend boat owner in Ohio for very long.  The Legend boat is in the top two for my new fiberglass ride for next year.

Eric

Mike Cork

• Father Time
  • Admin
  • Get the Net it's a Hawg
    • Ultimate Bass
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2007, 05:13:29 PM »

This is great news for Legend and Frank they both have a lot to offer each other and Bass Fishing :toot:
Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

BassBUFF

• LM Community Diplomat
  • '07 LEGEND LE195 w/200 Opti
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2007, 02:46:41 AM »

Another great name signs with Legend, WOOHOO ~c~!

CJ Basser8

• Largemouth
  • FnG
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2007, 08:32:17 AM »

Frank is a good guy......watch out for him when the Elite Series comes to Erie this year!!

Warpath

• Ultimate Basser
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2007, 03:42:49 PM »

He'll win it if Jon Bondy doesn't win it.

Eric

CJ Basser8

• Largemouth
  • FnG
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2007, 04:16:49 PM »

Both of them have a good shot at it!!

Eric- you gonna go to the Elite when it comes this summer?

Warpath

• Ultimate Basser
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2007, 04:20:18 PM »

I doubt I will make it up to Buffalo for the Elite Series.  I'd like to, but I'm kind of swamped as far as tourneys go now.  I would like to fish as a co-angler in one of those types of events, but I'm not even sure which ones you can actually fish anymore.  Some of them, you can only "observe" from the back of the boat.

Okay, if I want to observe someone from the back of the boat, I'm going to go with the WBT.  Better view from back there.  I heard Lisa Craig's boat is looking for an observer!

Hubba Hubba Hubba!

Eric
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Monster Fishing Tactle is the best place to buy your tackle needs Check them out online

When Bass Fishing Is More than Just a Hobby - Dobyns Rods

QUICK LINKS
UB Home
Main Forum
Welcome
Dock Talk
Techniques
Rods and Reels
Tackle Box
Catch of the Day
UB Contests
Tips and Ideas
Sponsor Connection
Fishing Reports
Charter Members Only
Bass Fishing Classified Ads
Boats 4 Sale

BECOME A
CHARTER MEMBER
SUPPORT UB

Find out about the contests before everyone else and know about the latest news first

Page Up

Page created in 0.068 seconds with 24 queries.