Anybody Like Johnny Morris Rods???

Started by shadow745, January 24, 2005, 09:47:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadow745

I have a Johnny Morris Ti series rod that I bought as a rod/reel combo about 4 years ago. I don't think the reel is up to par with the rod. It's a good performer, but I've had trouble with the quick take-off handle and the finish. The rod is a work of art and handles like nothing I've ever used. Do any of you guys own one of these fine rods? If you ever get a chance to buy one do so. They are extremely light, very well made and are more sensitive than anything I've ever picked up. I have to be careful what type of line I use with it because certain lines absorb water and I can actually feel the drops of water hit the guides as the line passes through them. It gives a friction sort of feel which can be a distraction. Since switching to Yo-Zuri Hybrid line (which is a blend of fluorocarbon and nylon) this hasn't been a problem, as fluorocarbon won't absorb water. I know that sounds bogus, but they're that sensitive. Later!

Bman

Shadow,
  I fish BPS Extreme and Bonic for a while now but as with all BPS rods seems like the handles are alittle to sort for me.  I've been moving towards fenwick but I did buy Bassmaster professional when it was on sale for half price it is agood rod
                                                                              Bman