BPS Extreme Reels

Started by nlareau, February 25, 2007, 08:27:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nlareau

I have 2 that are a couple of years old. Bought another one last week at the BPS sale for $49.  I liked my old ones, but the new one with the Internal Braking System is a lot better. I got the EXT10HD. Even a klutz like me could sling it pretty good without getting a lot of backlash.

I'm not claiming it is better than a $200 reel.  I'm just saying that for $59 (minus the $10 discount I got for turning in an old reel at the sale), this is a pretty hard deal to beat.
The early bird may get the worm, but it is the second mouse that gets the cheese.

Holden

AGREED. I have 5 in 4 different versions and I absolutely love them!
Holden Roberts - 2007 BassTracker ProTeam 175 - MD State Team - 08 Potomac Rally Champion - BCS Customs Jr. Pro Staff
http://www.citrusstick.com
http://www.bigsowbaits.com

Creel Limit Zero

No doubt, for the money I don't think there is a better reel.  I have 4 of the new reels with the braking system, and one of the old reels.  Certainly a great deal...

Bane

i agree aswell :) I have 2 of the extreme combos 7' M and 7' MH both with 6.4:1 speeds I believe, and another reel in 5.4:1.

Going to replace the MH reel with a 7.1:1 and buy 2 more extreme rods for the 5.4:1 and the 6.4:1 I'll be taking off. Love these things :)

BIG PAPA

Yep I bought 4 off of e-bay a while back and the more I use them the more impressed I am. I do not know how long they will hold up, only time will tell but they pitch as well as any reel I have including my Chronarch MG. Now I am not saying they are the same quaility but that they cast just as well, They are all new still so I may not know for a while just how well they last. and I really like the handles.
Papa

LoonyToon

I just sent Mary Dean two of the older internal adjustable 5 bearing reels for her Tourney on Dardenielle and I picked up 2 new 7 bearing Outside adjustable ones for that price Neil....For the $$$$$$$ you won't beat them, and they are user friendly.............I use mine for Spinner and Cranks as they only have as ALL of them do 10# of drag............ ~c~ ~c~ ~c~ ~c~ ~c~ Darn Good Reels

I did get real dumb and bought one that has 24# of drag , but that report is for later.......

Keep the Rod Tip up and the Hook Sharp

mary dean

I am looking forward to the reals LT. I'm going out for awhile after work today to pre-fish.

SwampMan

I just got an Extreme reel in the mail today, I bought it off ebay.  I also stopped and picked up a new rod and some P Line for the reel.  Can't wait til I get home!