Ultimate Bass ULTIMATE BASS | BASS FISHING CLASSIFIED ADS | CONTACT US    

Bass Fishing information about bass boats, tackle, fishing rods, baitcasters and other reels all about bass fishing.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Thank you! Sorry about the wait...

Page Down
FREE TACKLE EVERY WEEK

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

NuTech Lures

Doc Irv Custom Baits

Life Vantage

Get Bit Outdoors

X Zone Lures

Lockett Lures Outlet

K9 Fishing Line

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

Bass Boats For Sale Free Classified Ads

Laurie Cork
Ph. (318)347-7380
You can Email Me Here

Mike Cork
Ph. (318)560-9827

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: New line on the market  (Read 5460 times)

Mike Cork

• Father Time
  • Admin
  • Get the Net it's a Hawg
    • Ultimate Bass
Re: New line on the market
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2005, 10:04:54 PM »

what size of suffix line are you using?
Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

blake711

• Ultimate Basser
  • Here Fishy Fishy.
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2005, 09:59:30 AM »

I haven't used suffix but I did switch from mono this year to p-line.. I am hard pressed to think I am going to find a mono I like better than this p-line.. the only thing I have had to do is change my knot a bit I use a crawford knot I simply make an extra half loop around before finishing the knot.  I have had almost no memory issues with it and its limp and casts well.

LochRaven05

• Smallmouth
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2005, 10:36:17 AM »

ive been using 12 pound test and it hasnt snapped at all on some pretty big fish.

Sc Bassin

• Largemouth
  • There he is!
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2005, 11:15:02 AM »

I have been using PLine (12 & 15 # test) for about a year now. It does have a memory. I have recently spooled up my worm reels with Yo-Zuri Hybrid. I like it so far. It has a greater breaking strength (same # test) than PLine. It also seems to be a little softer. 

bass1cpr

• Ultimate Basser
  • FnG
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2005, 10:54:23 PM »

Blake what # test have you been using?
A fish a day keeps postal away. See fishing is relaxing.  Member B.A.S.S.  Illinois B.A.S.S. Federation Nation

blake711

• Ultimate Basser
  • Here Fishy Fishy.
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2005, 08:25:50 AM »

I have been using the 15# floroclear and I really like it.. Only issue is I have to remember to pull a few feet out if I put heavy tension on it if I am atempting to unhang a hook or something otherwise next cast I get an abrupt stop. 

bass1cpr

• Ultimate Basser
  • FnG
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2005, 01:52:27 PM »

Yes the Fluroclear doesn't hae the memory of regular CXX and is a smaller Dia. but also not as strong as regular CXX. Still a goodline. I use it for crankbaits in clear water lakes. 
A fish a day keeps postal away. See fishing is relaxing.  Member B.A.S.S.  Illinois B.A.S.S. Federation Nation

blake711

• Ultimate Basser
  • Here Fishy Fishy.
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2005, 02:03:38 PM »

Well the Floroclear is the only line I have used I haven't tryed any of the others.  It holds up as well or better than 17# Streen mono that I was using.  and its much thiner which I like and not as stretchy

BIG PAPA

• "TCTC"
  • Ultimate Basser
  • 9.1 Caddo They call me BIG PAPA
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2005, 05:03:12 PM »

I used p-line premimum for about 3 years, I was pretty happy with it but kept hearing that this line and that line was better so I started experimenting. The plain BPS XPS line is about the most memory free line I have used except for the Bagley's super silver thread. In 17 lb. and down these 2 lines are just about memory free. I like the silverthread for the abraision resistance a little better, but it is sometimes hard to find and the XPS is a very good line. The silver thread seems to have a little slicker finish and casts flawlessly.
Bass 1 if you have not tried it you need to, This from a past die hard p-line man.
Now I have not tried it in the smaller tests 17 and 14 are the smallest I have used.
papa

bass1cpr

• Ultimate Basser
  • FnG
« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2005, 05:20:56 PM »

Papa I've heard from quite a few people that like the XPS line. I'm still a P-Line man but have been using Stren Flurocarbon pretty regular the last two years on my two Loomis rods one for worms and one for Jigs. I've tried some of the Suffix before they changed it this year and couldn't really complain about it but I have gotten use to the low strech lines.
     I feel they give you a little edge in sensativity. I may try some XPS in the future but I still have a pretty good supply of P-Line.

pipewrench

• Smallmouth
  • Bassin' on a budget.
« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2005, 08:57:12 PM »

i have been wondering about the suffix line myself. i have tried at least a dozen different lines and i plan to try a few more before i make up my mind. right now i have 15lb trilene big game on all my reels. i have been planning on picking up some of the yo-zuri hybrid but havent gotten around to it yet.

blake711

• Ultimate Basser
  • Here Fishy Fishy.
« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2005, 09:58:10 AM »

Papa are you saying your using the BPS Signature series mono or their florocarbon?  That stuff seems pretty pricey..

cable guy

• Ultimate Basser
  • angler of the year,classic champ,tournament winner
« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2005, 07:42:01 PM »

for a light line 6-8 lb you would be suprized at the mr.crappie line is unbeliveble, it very very tough i can stighten out a worm hook with it and its very cheap,
god grant that i may live to fish until my dying day and when it comes to my last cast i then most humbly pray when in the lords safe landing net i"m peacefully asleep that in his mercy i be judged as good enough to keep. member BASS,ILLINOIS FEDERATION

Worm Angler

• Smallmouth
  • FnG
« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2005, 12:46:58 AM »

You Guy's need to git rid of all that other line and use Super Silver Thread it is the only line that is the best in all types of fishing
I am a firm beleiver in this line at any pound test and on any kind of reels  ~c~
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Monster Fishing Tactle is the best place to buy your tackle needs Check them out online

When Bass Fishing Is More than Just a Hobby - Dobyns Rods

QUICK LINKS
UB Home
Main Forum
Welcome
Dock Talk
Techniques
Rods and Reels
Tackle Box
Catch of the Day
UB Contests
Tips and Ideas
Sponsor Connection
Fishing Reports
Charter Members Only
Bass Fishing Classified Ads
Boats 4 Sale

BECOME A
CHARTER MEMBER
SUPPORT UB

Find out about the contests before everyone else and know about the latest news first

Page Up

Page created in 0.068 seconds with 24 queries.