Ultimate Bass ULTIMATE BASS | BASS FISHING CLASSIFIED ADS | CONTACT US    

Bass Fishing information about bass boats, tackle, fishing rods, baitcasters and other reels all about bass fishing.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Thank you! Sorry about the wait...

Page Down
FREE TACKLE EVERY WEEK

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

NuTech Lures

Doc Irv Custom Baits

Life Vantage

Get Bit Outdoors

X Zone Lures

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

Bass Boats For Sale Free Classified Ads

Laurie Cork
Ph. (318)347-7380
You can Email Me Here

Mike Cork
Ph. (318)560-9827

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: YO-ZORI Hardcore X-Tex Cobra / early report  (Read 1873 times)

basspro8

• Largemouth
  • spring bass'n mass style
    • myspace.com
YO-ZORI Hardcore X-Tex Cobra / early report
« on: March 13, 2007, 10:24:22 PM »

Well folks I'm on my way to the Cape tomorrow and I'm pretty fired up to say the least. Not as much prep time as I would have liked do to overworking lately but thats not gonna stop me. So I decided to spool up a couple of reels with some of that YZ Hardcore X-Tex Cobra I purchased over the winter. Well lets hope that it fishes better than it spools. It's like trying to line your reels with romex. Super stiff. Ton of memory. I think it will be OK on the jig pole but the spinning gear may have some trouble. I think I'll bring some suffix with me just in case. Not gonna let bad line ruin a trip to the Cape. I'll give a full report tomorrow.
http

ss454

• Largemouth
Re: YO-ZORI Hardcore X-Tex Cobra / early report
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2007, 05:05:08 PM »

My dad has that stuff (4lb) on his Shimano Sahara 750 and it's great.  I've found the Yozuri lines are REALLY stiff right off the spool then work great after you give them a stretch and let all the twist out.  I thought the same thing when I spooled up with the Hybrid but now it probably carries the least memory of all my reels.
If you build a ramp...I will come...

topcat

• Ultimate Basser
  • FnG
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2007, 08:18:46 AM »

I have heard a lot about the YO-zori line....might have to give it a try....after you post your report....

Topcat

basspro8

• Largemouth
    • myspace.com
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2007, 11:12:16 AM »

ss 454 hit it right on the head. this stuff was a nightmare to spool found it easier after i put the spool in WARM water for about 5 minutes. So here's the runndown, after about 20 minutes of fishing the line morphed into a very castable, SUPER STRONG, low memory, no twist line, even though it still felt stiff to the touch it did not creat any problem at all on either baitcaster or spinning. I used 12 and 14 pound on the spinning and 14 and 20 pound on the baitcaster. Overall grade A-. The minus is for the trouble with spooling.
http

ss454

• Largemouth
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2007, 03:37:07 PM »

ss 454 hit it right on the head. this stuff was a nightmare to spool found it easier after i put the spool in WARM water for about 5 minutes. So here's the runndown, after about 20 minutes of fishing the line morphed into a very castable, SUPER STRONG, low memory, no twist line, even though it still felt stiff to the touch it did not creat any problem at all on either baitcaster or spinning. I used 12 and 14 pound on the spinning and 14 and 20 pound on the baitcaster. Overall grade A-. The minus is for the trouble with spooling.

You forgot LOW STRETCH...this stuff has very little stretch to it and the Hybrid is even more stretch resistant.  Gander has the Hubrid for less than $5 a spool right now...better get it while it lasts.

basspro8

• Largemouth
    • myspace.com
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2007, 04:44:23 PM »

Can't wait to see what it feels like wenching a 5 up from about 12 feet of water through a mat of milfoil.
http

basspro8

• Largemouth
    • myspace.com
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2007, 08:46:40 PM »

I know have had a full season on this line and have a full report. To begin I'll go over the do nots. DO NOT use this line on spinning reels, PERIOD!!!!!!! Every cast no matter how you did it, what pound test, and how much line conditioner you used it just turned into a mess. DO NOT use this line for any type of still fishing, WAY TO MUCH MEMORY. Now for the good side, This line is SUPER STRONG and did not break off a fish one time all summer on it. Is best for chunking and winding spinnerbaits, chaitterbaits, crankbaits etc, it has no strech so you can realy rip weeds with it. If used with the right application it gets an A if used for any other style besides chunking and winding, a d+ at best.
http

ss454

• Largemouth
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2007, 04:16:04 PM »

I've got some 10lb hybrid on a Shimano Sahara 2500 with no problems.  In fact my wife boated that 20" I just posted in the catch of the day section with it.  I also have it on a micro baitcaster for throwing really small cranks and it never gives me a minute of trouble.  I also have some 20lb on a couple of baitcaster for lipless and big cranks with zero problems.  I haven't seen any memory issues and I've been using this for a while now.

basspro8

• Largemouth
    • myspace.com
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2007, 07:30:57 PM »

I think you may have the 2 lines mixed up, I also have the hybred and that works great on a spinning rod, The Hardcore X-Tex Cobra is a new line they have come out with and its super stiff unlike the the original hybrid
http

ss454

• Largemouth
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2007, 07:50:51 PM »

I think you may have the 2 lines mixed up, I also have the hybred and that works great on a spinning rod, The Hardcore X-Tex Cobra is a new line they have come out with and its super stiff unlike the the original hybrid

Is that not the camo line?  My dad has some on a Sahara 1000 and I thought it performs just as well as the hybrid...maybe it's something else?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Monster Fishing Tactle is the best place to buy your tackle needs Check them out online

When Bass Fishing Is More than Just a Hobby - Dobyns Rods

QUICK LINKS
UB Home
Main Forum
Welcome
Dock Talk
Techniques
Rods and Reels
Tackle Box
Catch of the Day
UB Contests
Tips and Ideas
Sponsor Connection
Fishing Reports
Charter Members Only
Bass Fishing Classified Ads
Boats 4 Sale

BECOME A
CHARTER MEMBER
SUPPORT UB

Find out about the contests before everyone else and know about the latest news first

Page Up

Page created in 0.117 seconds with 23 queries.