Tracker v16 and avalanche

Started by angling-addict, March 28, 2007, 03:19:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

angling-addict

Hello everyone

I recently had a fish out of the v16.  Nice ride but it's obviously been made to a budget.  One issue was the livewell broke all it's rivets just from the weight of the water inside and the livewell dropped down. 

I'm just wondering if anyone has had much experience with the avalanches???  They're a sweet looking boat, and would like some opinions on how much better they are than the v16's, not just finish wise but ride as well!

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts

Cheers

Addict
I love a full bag...................  but I love emptying it better

calincalif50

My partner has a larger version of the Avalanche and its very nice.  I have'nt heard of any problems with his

angling-addict

Thanks Calin ;)

Keen to hear a few more opinions :-*

Cheers

Addict

Stan

Well, I'm Cal's partner.  I have owned an Avalanche since 2003, before that I had a 17' Bass tracker.  The bass tracker was a great boat but there is no comparrison to the avalanche in ride, fishability, storage ect., ect.  It's a great boat and with a 150 on the back I can get 65mph easy with me and my partner riding.  If you have any specific questions fire away.
Stan

angling-addict

G'day Stan........ great to hear from you mate ;)

I'm only looking at a 115 on the back, but that would be fast enough for me ~roflmao

One of my main concerns would be how she sits and travels through "rough" water.   For instance, 3ft short waves with white caps.  I wouldn't expect to be able to fish in that but often have to travel through it ~xyz

They look a million $, but how to fare a few years down the track?  Have you had issues with anything breaking or deteriorating to quick........ eg carpets lifting, hatches breaking, livewell falling off etc.

Thanks in advance Mate ~c~

PS, I'd appreciate any pics of the ole girl if you have any lying about :-*

Skipper (ripnlips)

I have a friend with an Avalanche and Ive been in it a few times........He thinks its a great boat and I personally enjoyed the ride...great boat if you ask me!!!

Stan

I've been in some pretty rough water with it out here in California and also at Lake Eufala in Alabama.  She holds her own in rough water, as good as most other boats I've been in, and I've been in alot of different brands, Champion, Skeeter, Cajun, Charger, Ranger and the list goes on.  What I have found is it's not really the boat in rough water it's the driver.  As far as any issues here's the list:  None, and I've had this boat since Mar 03 and I use it at least every other week.  All the hatches are in great shape, Carpet is good, livewell hasn't fallen off :roll2:, When I pull the plug at the end of the day no or very little water.  It's a great boat.  I'll have to do some digging for pictures.  Hope this helps.
Stan

angling-addict

SKipper........ thanks mate, good to have some feedback from a passenger and not just an owner ~c~

Stan.......none at all aye.........awesome ~sun

I'm fair dinkum about the livewell though mate, she actually fell down towards the bottom of the hull on the V16 ::) ::) ::)

Thanks for that, looking forward to those pics if ya dig some up :) 

Cheers guys.........and thankx ;)