Sufix Siege!

Started by 247fishfever, February 09, 2005, 11:39:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

247fishfever

I was just wondering if anybody has tried the new line called Sufix Siege.  I have seen a couple of advertisments for it and thought about giving it a shot!
jared

Ron Fogelson

247fishfever
If you haven't found this all ready try the following links as there is a bit of info on Sufix.
Sorry it took me so long to find this for you.

http://ultimatebass.com/lbf/index.php/topic,154.15.html

http://ultimatebass.com/lbf/index.php/topic,2305.15.html

BIG PAPA

I talked to one of our areas top fishermen the other day at BPS and he said the Elite is his favorite line. He said the seige is very strong and non abrasive but had a little more memory then the elite.
papa :)

mitchell

I have 2 baitcasters spooled with 12# elite line and so far I really don't have any complaints. It is a little different than just plain Mono. I always like to use new line for a few trips with different lures before I really make up my mind. Want to make sure the rod is set up correctly and give it a fair shake with a open mind. The price is the same as stren and trilene so its not a big risk to try.

Mitch
Take a kid fishing, the smiles are priceless!!!

http://www.carolinabaits.com

Richard Cooper

Sufix is an awesome line, the company does not get nearly the exposure it deserves.  This line is extremely abbrassion resistant, and it is the only line i use now, you all should make the switch too.
Richard Cooper

Kistler Rods, Albackore Tackle Storage, Kidlizard Bait Company, Tripple Fish Lines

mitchell

Well here is my follow up report. Used it for a month now and lost 2 baits the last outing. >:(  The line just broke in mid cast. :shocking: I want be buying anymore thats for sure. Thats my .02 cents on that.

mitch

bass1cpr

Mitch you used the elite didn't you ? I've got a couple of questions if you would. One did you have any backlashes while using it? What was the weather like when it broke? I'm just curious as sometimes these things when thought about can help you figure out what the problem might have been. One other question do you smoke?
A fish a day keeps postal away. See fishing is relaxing.  Member B.A.S.S.  Illinois B.A.S.S. Federation Nation

BMiles

I've have 10# ellite spooled on two spinning reels and 12# elite spooled on two bait casters now for about 2 months and have fished it during at least 4 tournaments.  Love the low memory of the line but like any low-memory line you've got to make sure you have no kinks spooled up on the spool and leave them that way.  If they are left with a kink for any amount of time the line will break at that point.  I've had the same problem with Stren and Big Game line.  I really love the line on my worm rig and on my spinning real that I use for a trick-work.  I'm just waiting now to see how long it holds up.

mitchell

bass1cpr, I did have some backlashes that day and the temp was mid 50's. I don't smoke and yes I use the elite.

If BMiles is right about the kinks then it could have been my fault. I was having a problem keeping the line tight on the spool when i was fishing a 1/4 oz buzzbait. Now that y'all got me thinking more about it I still have it on one rod and haven't had any problems. I pitched a brush hogg all day sunday and had no complants. Seems to work better with heavier baits. I guess one line doesn't fit all for me so i'll try to match it with my heavier baits and stick to stern heavy cover for the lighter baits.

Mitch

BMiles

It's very hard to keep all the kinks out of the line.  At the end of each fishing trip I try to make a very long cast with all of the reels that I used that day, then pull out even more line and try to get a good-tight rewind onto the spool.  After that, I spray my reel and line good with Reel Magic.  Helps keep the line from drying out.  During the fishing day I keep a good eye on the spool for kinks forming and as soon as I see one I make a long cast to open water to get it out.  Only takes a minute so you don't loose much fishing time and I've even caught a few fish in open water while just trying to get my line straight...

bass1cpr

Mitch that was where I was headed. Sometimes if you kink a line that is where it will break from flexing. Also if you smoked but you don't an errant hot ash could have landed on the line. Nix that Idea. Don't give uponit yet see how the other rod does then give us another report. Castability, and how it holds up fighting fish and especially how it does with heavy cover.
A fish a day keeps postal away. See fishing is relaxing.  Member B.A.S.S.  Illinois B.A.S.S. Federation Nation

Richard Cooper

Yes, because it is a low memory line which i love, it will have a breaking point where it is creased or kinked.  I try to respool my rods, or atleast the 4 or 5 that i use the most on the water about every month, or sooner if i have been fishin alot of matted grass or heavy brush in past outtings.  This is my take on it, i use the elite on my crankbaits, spinnerbaits, buzzbaits, etc.  for my worm, jig, carolina rig, etc. i use the seige.  Seems to work for me
Richard Cooper

Kistler Rods, Albackore Tackle Storage, Kidlizard Bait Company, Tripple Fish Lines