McCoy fishing line

Started by bassadict69, February 14, 2005, 11:19:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bassadict69

I tried some Mccoy this weekend & must say the stuff is great! It seemed to have very little memory if any at all. Didn't seem to stretch as much as some of the other mono out there either. I will definately be buying more!

Tritonrob

Bass my good freind is on the McCoy's pro staff and I ahve used the line also.  There is very little memory and the breaking strenght is great. Instead of using 8 or 10lb for certain situations I borrow  some of his 6lb and I have no problems

bassadict69

I was using the 17lb & loved it! It seemed alot limberer than other 17 pound lines I have used.

Tritonrob

Limber and stronger.  I actually going to borrow a spool I mean buy some this year    :) :)

Michael S.

I used it a lot in some of the clear lakes in Missouri, the green tint disappeared in the water, worked well even in the winter when other monofiliment lines really had problems!!! ;D
Michael A. Stranz
GYSGT      USMC

bulldog

Her is a Link for a great place to McCoy Mean Green Copolynomer line.  Also has other Bass stuff as well.
http://www.fishingworld.com/BrannansBass/

I love the 6lb. McCoy on my Spinning rods.  Real sensitive too.
Bulldog                                          Member
                                                    B.A.S.S.

bassadict69

I am still using the Mccoy that I spooled up in mid February. This stuff is still straight as an arrow with no memory. I love it...I think I have finally found my line!

I'm using the 17lb green.

John Cullum

I read a bunch of great responses on another board last year and it got me to buy a few spools. I then had nothing but bad luck with it. The stuff had more memory than any other line I have ever used. It coiled so bad that the friction on the guides would shorten my casts by 20 feet. I tried Reel Magic, soaking the spools over night in hot water, dragging the line behind the boat and so on but nothing helped. I used 10# test on 2 of my Symetre 2000 during pre-fishing to see how it worked. I've been fishing for 10 years and I never had a problem like this. I spend 150 days on the water and change my line more than a couple times a season so what gives. Did I just get a bad batch?

bassadict69

John that is really surprising to hear!  :-\ I haven't had a bit of problem with memory on mine. I have only used one spools worth...Maybe I got the bad batch  lo

Which line were you using? I think mine is the Mean Green Extreme.

John Cullum

McCoy Mean Green in 10# test. I don't believe it was the extreme. I've never heard of the bad batch thing that was their customer service department. Saying it was super old line or a bad "batch".

conniek

When I sold line in my shop, we sold McCoy Mean green, GYCB sugoi, and Berkley big game. I sold lots of the 2lb test to salmon guys in mean green as well. I believe it is a super product. connie
conniek-Gycb Pro Staff,Ask about our maint. video and training school- SEE US IN DEC ISSUE BASSMASTER

fishforfree

I just got some and spoled on the 10 lb. test green

WOW.......talk about no memeory and super, super smooth.  I may have found a new mono.

Check it our if you get a chance guys.

Fishaholic

Gonna hafta find some of that stuff...I had fits last time out with line memory...felt like flinging my rod as far as I could throw it, but then I'd be out a rod/reel...new line is definitely a better solution...thanks for the heads up  ~c~

fishforfree

You can go to their website mccoyfishingline.com and look for local stores that carry it or they also offer online dealers that sell it.

Fishaholic

Thanks fishforfree you've been a great help  ~c~ ~c~