Yozuri Hybrid Invisible Like Fluoro?

Started by titanxt, April 25, 2007, 01:06:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

titanxt

I just bought some Yozuri Hybrid to try out.  Since it has been coated with fluorocarbon will it share the same nearly invisible qualities under water as 100% fluorocarbon?  If not, is it close?

Thanks!!

b1jeremy

I love that line. I can see little to no difference in the hybrid and others. Super abrasion resistant and super tough. You won't regret it.

Bassattack

What really is the difference in Hybrid and regular Fluorocarbon?  When would you use one over the other?

b1jeremy

If I recall correctly, it is a copolymer or something like that. I use it in place of a true flurocarbon. It is very sensitive and has little to no memory. If you combine that with a brass weight for carolina rigging, or a tungsten Parasite weight, you could almost feel a bass quiver on it lol.  ;D lo ;)

bigjim5589

I use the Hybrid & like it a lot. The biggest difference I see between it & straight fluoro is the cost, Hybrid is less expensive. As far as it's qualities, it's supposed to be invisible, just like the fluoro, but only the fish know for sure. Then again, I don't feel that's a big issue anyway, at least not for me in the waters I fish. It might be a factor in extremely clear, shallow water, so, nothing wrong with giving yourself as much help as possible.

As b1jeremy has said, it's sensitive & has little memory, plus it's quite abrasion resistant, and I like it primarily for these qualities.

I've read some things that some folks have had problems with it being too stiff, especially when used on spinning reels however, I've not had that issue, and Yozuri makes a softer version that is better for spinning applications.

I have no problem recommending it to anyone based on my experience with it.  ;)
Fanatical Fly Tyer & Tackle Maker!  It's An OBSESSION!!  J. Hester Fly & Tackle Co. LLC.

b1jeremy

Anyone tried the Yo Zuri X-tex Cobra Line?

theskinnyde

ss454

Quote from: b1jeremy on April 25, 2007, 08:39:15 PM
Anyone tried the Yo Zuri X-tex Cobra Line?

My dad has it on his Shimano Sahara 1000 and it's really great line.  He uses it for trout mostly in the clearest water you can find and the camo really works.
If you build a ramp...I will come...

Bassinkorea

Does a fluro hybrid have the same sink rate as a 100% fluro  :-\ :-\ :-\
2020 IBASS Gold - Zone 2 - AOY
2020 IBASS Classic - Winner
2020 IBASS Team Tourney - Winner (with FD)

Team9nine

QuoteI just bought some Yozuri Hybrid to try out.  Since it has been coated with fluorocarbon will it share the same nearly invisible qualities under water as 100% fluorocarbon?  If not, is it close?

Nope, because at it's core it's still mono with mono optical properties. Think about it like this...If you wrap clear plastic around an object, can you suddenly look right through the object?

QuoteWhat really is the difference in Hybrid and regular Fluorocarbon?  When would you use one over the other?

If it is fluorocarbon coated, the benefits would come from the fluoro shell or casing, that being restricted water absorbtion, a little denser/stiffer line which should result in a little better feel and a line that sinks a bit more than regular mono, plus increased abrasion resistance.

QuoteDoes a fluro hybrid have the same sink rate as a 100% fluro ?

Nope, because it doesn't have the same density as a 100% fluoro, though it should be better than just regular mono.

-T9