what should i buy please help

Started by muddenz71, February 16, 2005, 03:53:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muddenz71

i am new to the bass fighing i have spent the last year building up my takel thanks to bass bro shop i havea few low in bass pro reels with the bionic blade rods i am looking for a new good reel but not alot of money to spend 100$ or less what should i get thanks

Mike Cork

muddenz71 if you can stand to wait just long enough to save 120 bucks you will not be disappointed in a shimano curado. I have converted all my reels to this and the Johny Morris. I am sure you will get plenty of ideas here. Come on guys help him out ;)

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

fishforfree

muddenz71

A few years ago I purchased one of the lower end Lew's Reels - way under $100 - it has become my favorite.  It's very smooth and casts very easily.

If you are an ebay member you might want to look there.  Reels usually sell for less on ebay than they do in the BPS catalog.  Check it out before you purchase anything.  If you're not a member it might be worth looking into.

I've got over a year of experience buying and selling on ebay, so if you need any help just let me know!!!

Bass On brother!!  ~shade

Mike Noble

I really like the Bass Pro brand - XPS.  They are good reels and you can get them for under your price.
Life is a B........each!

TREATING LIFE FAIRLY - e-reader

TREATING LIFE FAIRLY - paperback

Ask me about PROTANDIM

adam

thanks guys for the help but i talked to a local pro and he talked me into buying a pflueger trion thanks for the help u guys know of a good way to clean cork ??

Mike Noble

Life is a B........each!

TREATING LIFE FAIRLY - e-reader

TREATING LIFE FAIRLY - paperback

Ask me about PROTANDIM

Gabby

Oh no!  Don't buy a Pflueger!!! 

BPS has the grey Rick Clunn reels from last year on sale for under $70 (maybe $59?).  That thing has 8 bearings in it, and is a great reel - especially for the money.  I have 2 of them, and highly recommend them for the money.

Ron Fogelson

Don't forget to bring an old working reel with you when you go back to BPS.  That reel once you turn it in becomes a coupon for $10.00 to $100.00.  What ever you get try it out on a rod first, also the Johny Morris reel from last year is on sale for 79.00 & with a traded in reel it drops to 59.

Good luck

bass1cpr

Fogy I was playing with a Johnny Morris Reel at our club meeting Sunday and I hae to say it had a smooth turning spool. I spun it and it really spun for a long time I was impressed. The owner said he really liked them he has a few of them.
A fish a day keeps postal away. See fishing is relaxing.  Member B.A.S.S.  Illinois B.A.S.S. Federation Nation

Ron Fogelson

I had been going with the BPS XPS but I got one Johnny Morris Reel at the return store last year for $79.00 while the main store was selling them for $100.00.  With the 05 reels out last years are on sale now for $79.00 & with the reel exchange you can get them for $59.00.  I picked up 3 the other day with new rods to boot.  Very smooth, will cast a rattle-trap a country mile & I can pitch with it like no other.