When flipping and pitching?

Started by ShawnDee4, April 30, 2007, 03:40:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShawnDee4

Just want to get an idea what evryone prefers. When flipping or pitching a jig or plastics do you use
a.A graphite or fiberglass rod
b.mono,or fluorocarbon

Why do you prefer these? Thanks for your input.

Sponsors:                Houseworth Electric

camelcluch

Graphite because of the recovery time and faster actions.  I would take a copolymer over mono.  I like P-line because it's good.  :)

mclem07

Graphite would have to be my choice.. 
Matt Clements
Fayetteville, Ga     30215
Fishin' Fool!

-Shawn-

Def. graphite faster action and more sensetive when you get the braid where you want it. I pitch with braid. but p-line cxx is def. a better choice over mono in my opinion.  :)

Buzzman

I also go with graphite for flipping and pitching. I use fluorocarbon the most at this point in time, but if I'm around a lot of vegetation, I will switch to braid.

Bassinkorea

Fluro with a graphite rod.....only way to go.
2020 IBASS Gold - Zone 2 - AOY
2020 IBASS Classic - Winner
2020 IBASS Team Tourney - Winner (with FD)

OCBassman

I use a graphite rod bscause it's lighter and more sensative than Fiberglass.

I use Braid since it is usually close quarter fishing and ya really don't need to worry about the Bass seeing the line.

GRAPEAPE

Graphite, and P-line

same reasons as listed above.

Creel Limit Zero

Graphite and braid most of the time, 20% of the time in deep clear lakes I use a copolymer...

ShawnDee4

Is copolymer the same as fluro or different??

Sponsors:                Houseworth Electric

CBass

Graphite because it's lighter and more sensitive. I normally use braid 50# Suffix but when fishing gin clear water I will go to fluorocarbon. Copolymer is not the same as fluorocarbon. Fluro disappears underwater and sinks. Copolymer fishes similar to mono but has less stretch and more abrasion resistance.

BassnG3

MH 6'6" or 7' graphite rod with Pline Fluorocarbon.  I have had good luck with this setup since I started using fluoro this spring.

Scott
If fishin' was easy it would be called catchin'

"Plastic Stickbait Maker Supreme"

linesider7

Seven and a half feet of graphite with 50lb test powerpro.  I live in Central Florida, braid is pretty much a must if you excpect to land big fish.

Bass 24 7

7' Heavy graghite with 20 lb P-line Fluoro.If fishing vegetation or mats I use 50lb Power Pro braid.

BlackStrat

7'6" MH Graphite, Abu Garcia 5500C3 spooled with 20# Power Pro.
Insert witty comment here

<><

mlakrid

7 - 7' 6" MH to Heavy rod, with nothing LESS than 50lb braid for pitching the thick stuff...

I have yet to break one off... When I fish lakes like Toho or Istolpoga where the HAWGS live in the thickest of slop I go up to 65# Braid (PowerPro is all I use for pitching).

I use creature baits with a 1oz tungsten weight much more than I do my 1oz jig with small creatue trailer or pork rind...

Mike A!
Land O Lakes, FL
A Bad day on the water is still better than the best day at work!!@!!

bassman28

Quote from: ShawnDee4 on May 01, 2007, 06:34:21 PM
Is copolymer the same as fluro or different??
Copolymer lines are a combination of Flouro and Mono usually with a mono core and flouro coating on the outside for abrasion resistance and light refraction (at least taht is what my spool of Silver Thread says)  I use it in 14 pound test for pitching soft plastics over rocks and I have had no problems.  The knot strength is awesome with the Silver Thread.

For pitching and flipping jigs I use a 7'6" rod with 50lb braid if I am in vegitation(cuts through salad like butter) and 17-20lb flouro if I am flipping to rocks
Fish Hard
Terry

LUKE

i use a graphite rod and the line depends on what im doing i use a lot of mono but i have got some power pro in the boat that ill spool up real wuick if its some really nasty stuff like rock or timber
we dont have a lot of grass of anykind here so thats not nothin for us

Thanks to my Sponsors....Wired2Fish.com,Gemini Marketing,Dobyns Rods,Tru-Tungsten and Fish Harder Co,Team Daiwa,Gary Yamamoto Custom Baits,Bass Boat Saver,Cooks Go-To Tackle System,Champion Boats,Yamaha Motors,Eberlin Boats and Motors,Hambys,,Omega Custom Tack

theskinnyde

Baron49

graphite and braid in the heavy stuff and graphite and fluoro in clear water conditions

LUKE

all of my pitching is done on a Falcon Cara 7' MH action or a Custom built (by me) St Croix Legend Tournament 7'M rods with a Daiwa Fuego and 12-14 lb P-Line Evoloution
Lake of the Ozarks Missouri is what i call my home lake and i fish it a lot and it has tons and tons of boat docks on it so pitching a fig or soft plastic is a main thing here for us on LOZ

Thanks to my Sponsors....Wired2Fish.com,Gemini Marketing,Dobyns Rods,Tru-Tungsten and Fish Harder Co,Team Daiwa,Gary Yamamoto Custom Baits,Bass Boat Saver,Cooks Go-To Tackle System,Champion Boats,Yamaha Motors,Eberlin Boats and Motors,Hambys,,Omega Custom Tack

Baron49

hmmmmmmmm, never pitched a fig before......how do you keep them on the hook? lo

bassn1

Quote from: Creel Limit Zero on May 01, 2007, 04:32:10 PM
Graphite and braid most of the time, 20% of the time in deep clear lakes I use a copolymer...

Graphite and braid gets another vote.

"Success is a Journey. Not a destination".

Sapper364

I use a 7'6" shimano convergence with braid, am going to try some flouro and see if it makes a difference.

Luke, now everyone knows about pitchin figs, thought that was a LOZ secret.  ~shhh

Ofcourse I have a fig tree in the front yard so may be opening a bait shop.  :-*

Freedom isn't Free

Bass 24 7

6'6" and 7' graphite rods with 20lb P-line fluoro,and for heavy vegetation I use 50-65lb PowerPro braid.