Yo-Zuri Hybrid????

Started by SkeeterBoy, May 07, 2007, 10:51:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkeeterBoy

BPS has this stuff on sale and I thought about buying a few spools.  $6.99 for 1000 yards is a great deal if the line is half way decent.  Has anyone had any experiences with this line, Good or Bad lets hear them.  Thanks in advance. 
Chris

We Are........ Marshall
Go Herd!!!!!

camelcluch

It's alright.  I like P-line a alot more but that is a good price and it's worth a try.  Good luck.

nlareau

I thought it was a lot stiffer than Sufix.
The early bird may get the worm, but it is the second mouse that gets the cheese.

bigjim5589

As you see, everyone has their own opinion & personal preferences for line. I've been using the Hybrid on some of my baitcasters & like it a lot. I also use it to make fly fishing leaders. It's a good line, less expensive than straight fluorocarbon, sensitive, abrasion resistant, low stretch and that is a good price. I tried it based on the recommendation from another angler who's opinion I very much respect. As with any line, you may or may not like it, but it's worth trying at that price. If they have the soft version on sale, then you might consider trying it for spinning applications, as it's formulated to be better for spinning tackle than the regular Hybrid.  ;)
Fanatical Fly Tyer & Tackle Maker!  It's An OBSESSION!!  J. Hester Fly & Tackle Co. LLC.

ss454

If you do try it don't give up on it before you ever get it in the water...I almost did because it comes off the spool like a nightmare but once it's on the reel you have to get all the twist out of the line and give it a good stretch.  After you do that it's really low memory and a great line.  It's still fairly stiff but it doesnt backlash anymore than a good limp mono.
If you build a ramp...I will come...

LoonyToon

IMHO it SUCKS on Spinning Reels but is Dinamite on Baitcasters............

The only ones available from BPS in Baltimore was the 10#, 15#, and 20# so I bought the 10# for the Quantum Catalyst Spinning Reel and spooled it up, but after a little usage it got real stiff and kinda hard to cast the weightless senko's-------I sold it to a lady that likes it........

I used the 15# on one of the Pinnacle MatrixII reels and it works pretty good......there is some stretch to it though, more than with the XXX I have been using.......JMHO

Keep the Rod Tip up and the Hook Sharp

topcat

Lt I love that XXX Mono....the Yo-Zuri Hybrid I have never used it........

Topcat