Epic Day!!! Hog Report From the Rocky Mountain !!

Started by HogMaster, May 13, 2007, 08:40:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HogMaster

Hit the Arsenal on Sat boy what a day!!!  :) Hit the gate at 5:45am 2 in line!  In the waders and in the water by 6:00 pasted up the Dam and headed to the 1st batch of down timber!  Started off using a Mattlure Blue Gill and put in a couple extra rattles in it.  1st fish 5'11lbs moved on to the next pile found another nice fish pitched the BG at her and smack! 4'11, keep moving down and hitting all the down trees and brush piles switched up baits to a 5 1/2 black Mad Man craw and picked up some more Huge fish!  5'9-5'10-6'5-6'12-7'1 and my last fish of the day 7'-2!!
God I love this little lake!!  My buddy had never caught a bass before in his life so I hooked him up with a water dog and bam his 1st bass 6lbs!!  ~c~ I told him not to get use to catching 6lbers!!  He caught 4-5 fish more between the 4'11-5 1/2lb range!  WOW what a day!!  It is going to be hard to top this day!!  But I will have fun trying!! lo
Here are some pics to share with everyone!  Enjoy!   
PS: Got off the water at 12:30

Timmy's 1st Bass

~c~ ~c~ ~c~ ~c~ ~c~ ~c~
HOGS ARE MY BUSINESS!! AND BUINESS IS GOOD!

PaulRoberts

Amazing! I didn't know Colorado had it in her. Is this a fertility thing, an age structure thing, or are the radioactive! LOL

Very nice. That is an amazing day.

Andrew

Everyone talks about rock these days; the problem is they forget about the roll - Keith Richards

Barney Leonard

Great pics HogMaster,thanks for sharing.I've enjoyed reading about the bass fishing in Colorado from all the Colorado folks.I spent about 15 years in southern Colorado and never really chased any bass back then.I know,I know,what was I thinking.Keep up the good work ~c~ ~c~

mary dean

That just makes me sick lo... It looks like you were having a great day. Very, very, very nice bass! Congrats!

bassineveryday

Heck yeah nice day on the lake that looks like alot of fun. and congrats to timmy that is what gets people addicted to bass fishing right there  ~c~ ~c~ ~c~ wish I could have went  :'( maybe next weekend

Bassinkorea

Holy  ^-^ that IS what you call a good day. Well done  ~c~ ~c~ ~c~ ~c~

Quote from: mary dean on May 13, 2007, 10:42:37 PM
That just makes me sick lo...

MD, you got that right !!!!!!!!!
2020 IBASS Gold - Zone 2 - AOY
2020 IBASS Classic - Winner
2020 IBASS Team Tourney - Winner (with FD)

joe4theavs

Time is never wasted, when your wasted all the time!

PaulRoberts

Hogmaster,

What were these fish doing?
Were they spawning -or post? Could you see them? Could you see any males or beds?

Paul

camelcluch

I may have to go asap!  Looks like another great day!

HogMaster

Yes could see them!  But only 1 or 2 really looked like they had beds that you could see.  Other than that nothing that was really standing out.  Not like normal?  Out of the 2 baits the Blue Gill they would just whack the tail or back of it to move it out of the area.  The Craw they would chase down up to 6-10 feet and smack the  ^-^ out of it!! I would say they with the weather the way it has been they are a little confused.  But I know one of the 5 pounders I caught was a mail in the deeper water and his Bitch was huge!! I only saw her once!  She wouldn't come back to the bed he was guarding!!! She was HUGE!! Need to go back tomorrow at lunch to see if she is on!! She was at least 2-3 pounds bigger than my biggest fish witch went 7'2.  BIG GIRL!!! 

PaulRoberts

I'm not sure yet what is normal. Still trying to get a handle on it.

Were there other beds around? I mean other males on beds in the same pond?
Were these big fish together, more or less, or distributed around the pond?
Were their any bluegills on beds yet?
Any idea how deep the pond is at its deepest?

HogMaster

No other real beds in the area?  And I never see blue gill in this lake!  They are always hidding! They just stocked it with 10,000 fingerlings but I have not seen 1!  I don't have the depth of the pond but I know it cannot be more than 20-30.  No bass together, each had there own spot around structure.  If another would show up the bass holding would chase them off! And also chase the Pike away even when it was twice there size!  I am going to try and go look at the lake tomorrow at lunch to see if they are holding still.  I will inform you.

PaulRoberts

HogMaster

No problem!  I will keep you informed!  I am going to go after some with my flyrod this weekend if the weather holds!