Ultimate Bass ULTIMATE BASS | BASS FISHING CLASSIFIED ADS | CONTACT US    

Bass Fishing information about bass boats, tackle, fishing rods, baitcasters and other reels all about bass fishing.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Thank you! Sorry about the wait...

Page Down
FREE TACKLE EVERY WEEK

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

NuTech Lures

X Zone Lures

Lockett Lures Outlet

K9 Fishing Line

Life Vantage

Get Bit Outdoors

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

Bass Boats For Sale Free Classified Ads

Laurie Cork
Ph. (318)347-7380
You can Email Me Here

Mike Cork
Ph. (318)560-9827

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Late weigh ins  (Read 3422 times)

Bubblegum

• GO LSU
Late weigh ins
« on: June 26, 2007, 08:34:32 PM »

It is my understanding there was some mix up about the weigh in time.Lets PUT THAT TO REST.
 Pay attention at the weigh in,then you will hear the times voted on.Or,look on our Bass Club Connection site.Also I posted a reply in the thread Local Tournies.

Therew is no grace period for late weigh in,we will allow youto weigh in up to 10 minutes past weigh in time with a 1 lb per minute penalty.example 10 minutes is 10 lbs penalty.No exceptions!!!15 minutes should have been disqualified,however it was not,THERE IS A 15 LB. PENALTY though!!!!
And Jesus calling them to him said, suffer the little children to come unto me and forbid them not for such is the Kingdom of God.

FishinSteelersFan

• Ultimate Basser
Re: Late weigh ins
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2007, 09:11:49 PM »

So it's a 7:00am weigh-in on Bistineau...that's what was voted on.  ~c~
Legend boats, Mercury ProXS, Kistler rods
www.LouisianaPoormans.com  Check us out, 100% payout EVERY TIME!

Bubblegum

• GO LSU
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2007, 10:19:54 PM »

That is my understanding.You must be in the line to weigh in at 7:00 or a 1lb. per minute penalty untill 7:10 am after which no fish will be weighed.

Don
And Jesus calling them to him said, suffer the little children to come unto me and forbid them not for such is the Kingdom of God.

Beagle

• Ultimate Basser
  • 2007 Ultimate Bass Angler Of The Year
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2007, 09:08:16 PM »

If I catch 35lbs in the next tourny and am 20 minutes late, can I still get 15lbs. Just kidding. If I catch 5lbs and am 15 minutes late, do you subract the rest from the next three tourny's till I break even?  ;D

Bubblegum

• GO LSU
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2007, 06:27:51 PM »

After meeting and discussing how this came about the Board has decided there will be no late penalty.

Don

Clark

• UB Member
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2007, 09:52:31 AM »

What's the point of having rules?  This is very disappointing!

Lee Smith

• CM Chief Community Diplomat
  • Gotta Love It!
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2007, 10:06:41 AM »

I'm not a member of your club, but if I where, I would be extremely disappointed if I followed the rules, got to weigh-in ON TIME, was in 1st place and a guy walks up 10 min. late and kicks me out of my winnings.
Sorry Guys, not a member of yours, but am a member of 2 in my area and a no penalty for late weigh-in would never fly!
Just my opinoin.  And I would love to know how it was voted ok and the discussion, just for curiosity LOL
Builder of Custom Personal Bassin' Rods

Clark

• UB Member
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2007, 10:34:06 AM »

There was a another guy that was coming to weigh-in late with a fish, but we were putting the scales up and he got turned away. What about him? He should be able to weigh-in. There was another two guys still on the lake because they thought the weigh-in was at 3pm. We called them to see where they were and told them the weigh-in was almost over. What about those Guys? We should have waited on them too.

Ya see, this is the kind of thing that happens when you don't follow the club rules. What's the point in having a meeting at the end of the year to go over the club rules if no one is going to enforce them?

Don, I know how you felt about the situation and I appreciate your leadership. But I think that "The Board" made a bad decision on this one.

Chris

• Ultimate Basser
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2007, 12:10:10 PM »

I fish in another club and to my knowledge we have never had anyone come in after the scales were being put up and I dont think we have ever had to penalize anyone for being late. Everyone is aware of what time they need to be back. Most everyone has cell phones and if someone breaks down and is getting towed back and they call and make it back a little late that is fine.

I will be honest with you guys ,I was at the weighin before official time and I had high weight and when I saw that guys that were extremely late were allowed to weigh I was thinking damn , if them boys bring in a good sack then Im not going to be real happy because I followed the rules and they didnt although inadvertantly. As long as it isnt abused I dont see harm in being a few minutes late without a penalty. It happens sometimes. I am looking forward to fishing with this club and will follow whatever rules set.

Bubblegum

• GO LSU
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2007, 05:34:40 PM »

Jeff,Chris,
  Everything will be explained at the next tournament.Thanks for your input and understanding.

Don
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Monster Fishing Tactle is the best place to buy your tackle needs Check them out online

When Bass Fishing Is More than Just a Hobby - Dobyns Rods

QUICK LINKS
UB Home
Main Forum
Welcome
Dock Talk
Techniques
Rods and Reels
Tackle Box
Catch of the Day
UB Contests
Tips and Ideas
Sponsor Connection
Fishing Reports
Charter Members Only
Bass Fishing Classified Ads
Boats 4 Sale

BECOME A
CHARTER MEMBER
SUPPORT UB

Find out about the contests before everyone else and know about the latest news first

Page Up

Page created in 0.176 seconds with 25 queries.