Have you ever tried?

Started by silversalmon, March 06, 2005, 12:48:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

silversalmon

When the trout are not hitting anything you are throwing at them, try a fly on your spinning set up. The first thing you need is a clear bobber. Take you clear bobber and tie about 18 inches of line from off it. Then, tie the fly from the line part. After that, tie the clear bobber to the line on your rod and you are on your way. If you are in a river drift it down, if in a leak, treat it like a jig, and I gurantee you success ;D

United States Air Force 1994-present

icky

:) I have used it many times with success when a spinner wouldn't work. They make a casting bobber for this application that you can fill with diffrent amounts of water to increase your casting distance

silversalmon

That is  ~c~, some people think I am nuts when I do this, always tell them they are missing out ;D

Fish On

Theres this place where I fish I wade up a river then get to this pool where theres a lot of trout big ones(LOST A GIANT BROWN TROUT LAST SEASON ON 2 POUND LINE)  but when the trout aren't bitting theres schools of perch swimming in the pool.  The I use a bobber that isn't pegged and have about 2 hair jigs going down.  I cast into current and where theres a twitch in line I set hook!
Alluringbaits.com        Fish307.com             Protackle.net
Boatboys.com            Furryfishbaits.com    Sunrizetackle.com    cbshawgsauce.com  
Secretweaponlures.com         Pourboyplastics.com

Fish On

Silver +40 posts a day DAMN I remember first contest i posted about 200 times
Alluringbaits.com        Fish307.com             Protackle.net
Boatboys.com            Furryfishbaits.com    Sunrizetackle.com    cbshawgsauce.com  
Secretweaponlures.com         Pourboyplastics.com

silversalmon

Yep, my knee is blown out right now, get my MRI on the 11th, if no surgery, then it is off to physical therapy and back on the water ;D

left_turn56

I have used this set-up many times! I have caught a bunch of trout this way, much to the chagrin of the fly-fisherman in my group!
left_turn56

Where are we going...and why are we in this hand basket???

silversalmon

~c~ :roll2: You gotta love it ;D Especially when you catch more fish thatn the actual fly fisherman :)

Fishaholic

here's a rig I use for trout when the spinners aren't working...

I first slip a styrofoam bead onto my line, then tie on one of my flies...then add 3 buckshot sized weights at 6" intervals around 18" from the fly...I use a bobber stopper knot to prevent the float from touching the fly and drift it slowly through the riffles and troughs.

silversalmon

Excellent idea ;D Will be a tryin that one too in the heavy currents, thanks fishahloic 8)