how do I post a picture

Started by Jdaddy, July 04, 2007, 03:53:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donald Garner

Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

jprism

Quote from: Mike Cork on July 13, 2009, 01:19:29 PM
Start to finish on how to post a picture on Ultimate Bass.

First you have to have your picture hosted on a photo site, like photobucket.com or shutterfly.com , both of these allow you do to it for free. So set up an account and then load your pictures to their site.

Next, on their site, find the picture you want to load to Ultimate Bass and right click with your mouse on that picture. An info box will come up, select properties. Another box will open with information about your picture.

Find the URL (web address for the picture) and copy it and then paste it into your post here on Ultimate Bass.

Next you want to highlight it again and then click on the icon above the smileys that looks like this

That will put the proper tags around your pictures address that will allow it to show on the site.

And that's it. Sounds like a lot but after you do it once you have your own online photo account and you'll find it very easy to post future pictures here. Let me know if you have any problems.

Thanks, Jim
Using Tapatalk

analfisherman

I got a photobucket question.

How do you get the crazy site to only show the pics you want?
I think it's because they are all in a single bucket or whatever.
But I don't seem to be able to take a pic already in my library or what ever it's called and put it into another 'bucket'.
I hate posting pics because then folks are able to page through and see everything.

I thought Mike had addressed this for me but when I tried to do a seperate bucket, they had already been downloaded and I couldn't move them.
I thought I followed the instructions but last photos I posted it happened again.
But again I'm not sure, maybe I didn't understand.
Do I have to go to site first and let it know that I don't want it going into the 'special' bucket and not the general?
Then go back through another window and go back and go to my pic site on computer and jump through a bunch og hoops to accomplish this?
Just seems to be very confusing and the photobucket itself has little or NO place to figure or find solutions to challenges.
I know I'm not the only one with this challenge because I see others that when you click the posted pic it takes you to photobucket and thier account and you can see EVERYTHING they ever put in photobucket.
Others, seem to only show selected pics.
I know some are posting directly from thier comp. skipping photobucket completly...but thats a whole other topic. (I tried that too with no success at all.

Remember, I'm a computer illiterate so I get confused easily. 
"Fishing isn't life or death... it's more important than that."

Pferox

I hope this is understandable.
Go to your photobucket account.  Along the top on the right hand side you will see an icon or your name or something like that. Click on that and there will be a drop down menu that lists Profile, Settings, Logout.
Select Settings.

Under Album Settings, make sure the Link Back box is unchecked. If not uncheck it and make sure you save the changes.

Sorry about the top picture, hope it is more explainable than the prose. Seems I couldn't get the drop down box to show up while I was doing the screen capture.
"If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in bed with a mosquito" - African Proverb.  Jim

analfisherman

I'll give it a try tommorrow.
Thanks Pferox!
"Fishing isn't life or death... it's more important than that."

bjcamp

Is there another way to do this ??
I do NOT want any of my pictures anywhere but on my own computer.
I don't do "cloud" or "photobuckets" .

The other site I was on , I could post from my own picture album and it was really easy .
  Sure would like to post some of my Stick Marsh fat girls , but not by using outside sources.
BJCAMP   [Bruce ]
ROF Retired old fart

MCS

Quote from: bjcamp on May 19, 2015, 02:18:27 PM

The other site I was on , I could post from my own picture album and it was really easy .
  Sure would like to post some of my Stick Marsh fat girls , but not by using outside sources.

When you hit reply click the plus sign "attachments and other options" right below where you type text. You can attach files from your computer or phone. just make sure they are not over 250 KB.
Romans 1:16    2 Corinthians 5:17     3 John 1:4
"I'm sorry. I'm not very tolerant when it comes to the liberals who complain about everything." Mike Ditka
"I'd like to know why well-educated idiots keep apologizing for lazy and complaining people who think the world owes them a living." John Wayne

Lipripper

Quote from: bjcamp on May 19, 2015, 02:18:27 PM

Hope you get it to work cause would love to see some of them Stick Marsh fat girls.  ;D

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

bjcamp

hows this

[attachment outdated - deleted by admin]
BJCAMP   [Bruce ]
ROF Retired old fart

Mike Cork

Looks like you got it, and that's a beauty  ~c~ ~c~

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Lipripper

That's what I'm talking about. ~c~ ~c~ Great looking Stick Marsh Bass

Bigwrench

This may help some also if your using Tapatalk
Posting pictures -
  Probably the most common question I see on the site is how to post pictures. Usually there's an issue with resizing the photo to meet the site requirements. With the Tapatalk App this is NOT an issue, if you have the photo on your device already or your device has a camera you are all set for pretty much instantaneous photo uploads.

First the iPhone:
     First thing you have to do, if you have a picture of that personal best Largemouth on your device from last year that you want to share in your post just click on the Plus symbol here-

Then click the photo icon here-

Which opens your camera roll (photo library) choose the photo you want to upload

And it is automatically resized and uploaded to your post.
Click on the icon in the top right corner-

and that's it !

Likewise if you want to snap a picture of that new lure you just received you can also do that by clicking the camera icon here -

The app automatically sizes the picture and posts it in your post after the point of your cursor so it makes it easy to upload pictures in the order you are talking about them in your post .

Android Based:

Uploading Photos
First step in uploading photos is to click on the plus symbol here

If you don't have a plus symbol or quick reply bar then click here on the 3 dots in the upper right corner

Which will open up a menu and then you can click on reply here

Then just click on the camera icon here

Once you have selected a photo or taken a photo with your camera then just click submit in the upper right corner or the Arrowhead symbol.
You can also upload photos or files using the paperclip icon but the 250kb restriction applies and the app will NOT resize for you if you use this method

It is much easier with a quick reply bar so if you want to change it you can message me and we can get ya straightened out

Stop by the Garage and let me know if you have Maintenance issues that you need assistance with.

Lipripper

Thanks and I sent John a link (uncolored)  lo lo to this thread ;D

lovefishing

philm63

My new Stradic CI4+ on my new custom rod

Mike Cork

[img]https://link.shutterfly.com/EtewbLOH5ab[/img]

My new Stradic CI4+ on my new custom rod

Looks like you have the wrong address for the photo, there are three actual photos on Shutterfy. There is a thumbnail, then a mini and then a full size. Best I can tell you've got the mini photo address which is for a list or strip of photos that goes across your screen when looking at your album on shutterfly. If you double click on a photo from your album that photo will open to a full screen photo. This is the one you want to right click, you'll get some options, one of which is the "copy image address". You won't see anything happen but your system will have copied the address and you can paste it to your thread.
The code you used
[img]https://link.shutterfly.com/EtewbLOH5ab[/img]

The code you need

[img]https://uniim1.shutterfly.com/ng/services/mediarender/THISLIFE/024071766840/media/1682268557934768/large/1604336359/enhance[/img]

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service