Zara Spook and Crankbait ???'s...

Started by Paul Cataldo, September 19, 2007, 09:38:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Cataldo

Guys,
  Is it normal for a Zara Spook to be made with a line eye, that is OFFSET to the side?  I am new to the Zara Spooks (been using Pop R's for years, amongst other lures),  and I just noticed the full size "Original" Spook I just bought, has an offset line eyelet, that is VERY MUCH pointing to the LEFT (it's pointed to the LEFT side, from a top view of the lure).

Second question:

-Where in the heck can I find Manns 15+/20+ deep diving crankbaits?  I always loved these crankbaits for their tight wobble, and since all the local WalMarts have downsized their sporting goods (mainly only the hunting/fishing sections sadly), I can no longer find them.  Heck, I couldn't even find them at Bass Pro anymore.  The Bass Pro employee said they are no longer stocking them.  Cabelas master fishing catalog doesn't show them either.  EVERYONE has ONLY the "Shallow Running Manns Crankbaits"...
  Thanks for any help...

scatch1

Ask any UB,er that makes lures. i,m sure they can hook you up, no pun intended.

Creel Limit Zero

I'm not familiar with the offset eyelit for the spooks.  When looking at it from the side, they are a little lower than center line, but have not noticed any that I have that are to the side...  Might be a mistake, wonder if it helps walking the dog... 

Check out our sponsor Delo's tackl for the Go2 15+ and 20+ Mann's deep divers, have you checked their website, I think you can by them online at their website... 

http://www.deloscustomtackleshack.com/

BassHunter69

zara spooks normally are a tiny bit off center and sit lower off the lip you may need to tune the bait with a pair of pliers. be very careful when doing so. also tie your line in a loop knot type fashion to get better action as you walk the dog. this allows the zara for freedom of movement. start out slow twitching it watch line slackness since you need a bit of it. then when you have the technique down work your way up a lil faster.
normally with any walk the dog bait you want to walk it slow and cover the area,then speed up little by little,as to let the fish tell you what type of retrevie they want.
Hope this helps.

BH69

AJ

Quote from: BassHunter69 on September 28, 2007, 09:33:07 AM
zara spooks normally are a tiny bit off center and sit lower off the lip you may need to tune the bait with a pair of pliers. be very careful when doing so. also tie your line in a loop knot type fashion to get better action as you walk the dog. this allows the zara for freedom of movement. start out slow twitching it watch line slackness since you need a bit of it. then when you have the technique down work your way up a lil faster.
normally with any walk the dog bait you want to walk it slow and cover the area,then speed up little by little,as to let the fish tell you what type of retrevie they want.
Hope this helps.

BH69

loop knot????

BassHunter69

Quote from: ho_shi on October 28, 2007, 12:53:43 PM
loop knot????

Ho shi thats one of those knots where the knot isnt tied direectly to the lure itself. its more like a loose knot kinda like a circle then knotted as to give the spook more swing as it moves

bass1cpr

ho-shi here's some names of loop knot's you can look up. McNally Loop, King Sling, two of the easiest and fastest to tie and a Rapala Knot.
A fish a day keeps postal away. See fishing is relaxing.  Member B.A.S.S.  Illinois B.A.S.S. Federation Nation

BassHunter69

bass1cpr thanks for saving my tail there buddy apperciate it  ;D

SeniorBasser

Here's a pretty good You Tube Video on the Non Slip Mono Knot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18di2YBLTrU

SeniorBasser  ~tumble

AJ

Quote from: SeniorBasser on October 31, 2007, 01:26:24 PM
Here's a pretty good You Tube Video on the Non Slip Mono Knot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18di2YBLTrU

SeniorBasser  ~tumble

linked it for you

BassHunter69

AJ

BassHunter69

that type of knot gives a spook or other dog walking lures some great action trust me on this one unless you want to try it with 2 differnt knots to test it yourself and i know you'll see what i mean

AJ

haha lets not discuss zara spooks or knots tonite  not one my best subjects tonite

ss454

Not to hijack your thread but I've got a question about a Lee Sission crankbait I just bought.  I noticed it has NO action in the water and just dives down and comes up with no wobble at all.  It's supposed to be a shallow running crank with a wide wobble (it has a big flat lip)  While inspecting it I noticed the eye is offset to one side...not bent just put in 1/16" off center.  I really like the quality and colors on this bait but the lack of action irks me since these are not really cheap.  Is there any way to fix this bait or is it a dud?
If you build a ramp...I will come...

AJ