Lake Cumberland Info/help

Started by trkyhntrj, October 30, 2007, 06:43:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trkyhntrj

I am looking for a little information if anyone is willing to help. I am planning a LM,SM bass fishing trip the first week of April '08 at Lake Cumberland. A few buddys and myself are kind of overwhelmed at the size of the lake. I would just like a good starting place. We are only going for a long weekend and don't want to waste a day or two trying to find fish. Can anyone offer some help?
                         Thank you.

Buzzman

What part of the lake are you staying on?

trkyhntrj

buzzman,
  Haven't got that worked out yet. So i guess I really don't know yet. I guess taking the size of the lake in account, I guess that would be a factor. But, hey if you got some info for me I will take location into consideration.
  I hope I did this reply thing right. remember i am new and have to figure all this out.

Buzzman

Well, if you want smallmouths and spots... you'll be better served staying on the west side of the lake near the dam. Largemouths, stay closer to the east end. If you go for the smallies, you'll have to work for them, sticking on the points and hunting them down. Harmon Creek may be an area to concentrate on closer to mid lake.

If I was going for the first time, I would go for the largemouth and limit myself to one or two creeks... My recommendations would be Pittman Creek and / or White Oak Creek. They are small enough to fish and figure out a pattern, and both hold good bass.

Good luck.

Bman

I would go with White Oak also.  Maybe Wolf Creek.

Bman

rbell88

They are working on the dam, thus causing the water level to be extremely low back in the creek and fingers just something to consider. I would fish the main lake points from the center to the west (dam).