Help me decide...

Started by ColtSteele, November 07, 2007, 09:39:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ColtSteele

I figured this was the place to ask for help...

I'm considering buying a 2004 LE21 SCX with an 04 Merc 225 EFI.  It comes with Lowrance Electronics (not sure which yet- calling tomorrow), Tandem Axle Trailer, Hotfoot, Jackplate, and more.  I'll have a better spec list and pics tomorrow.  Just curious what you guys think a good price is on it.  Asking price is $20k.
Thanks for any help.
Jay

beast96z

Average retail on the boat is almost $29k with NO options. Low retail is $25k. I would look the boat over very hard and make sure you get a test drive before signing any papers. If th eboat is in good shape, it sounds like a nice deal. ;)

ColtSteele

wow - sounds like a pretty good deal.  I'm going to try to get a good look and test drive this week (tomorrow if i can)  ~gator

i got a picture - lemme see if i can get it loaded.

-Shawn-

I would have the motor checked over real well, but other than that it sounds lke a good deal.

Mike Cork

That's a really good deal, make sure it's not hurt somewhere first then JUMP on it   ~shade

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

ColtSteele

I just talked to them and I'm trying to go look at it this afternoon.
Here's some new info-
The Merc 225 was just checked out by their mechanic and shows good compression and is in great shape.  He couldn't tell me exactly how many hours as he didn't have the print out but he did say it was low hours.  He said he'd have it for me when I got there.
It's got 2 new lowrance units, MotorGuide Tour 82.  Really good shape - we shall soon see.
Pictures are below.  Let me know what you think or if you have any comments asap as I plan to put a deposit to hold it this evening if I like.

Check this console out... different huh??

ColtSteele

I like the colors and the carpet and seats look to be in really good shape.  Just trying to get out of the office to go look at it.  arrrgghh

MotherNature

Mike is on the water this afternoon but I would verify where that model came from. It doesn't look like any Legend that I have ever seen and I am not sure that the consoles have changed that much since 2004......

.·´¯`·.><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>

ColtSteele

That's why I wanted to put that particular picture up to show the console.  I like the armrest and cupholder  ;D and plenty of roon for the humminbird 997 too  :) but I would like to verify what model boat it is.  Thanks

-Shawn-

WOW!!! That looks like a totally different Hull than my LE.  :o

ColtSteele

That's what I was just noticing- actually all of the differences.  I printed a few pictures of the Legends here and this boat looks nothing like them.  I called the person sellign it back and left a message for him to call me with the title in hand to tell me what this boat really is!!  :-\

-Shawn-

I keep looking at the transom in the pic, Something looks strange about it.  :-\

ColtSteele

I just sent you a pm shawnrg33.  Thanks

ColtSteele

Not a LE 21 - Not made by the Legend Boat Company - it's a boat by Legend of Alabama that I believe is not in business.  On a good note - Dean is sending me a couple pics and specs on a couple demo boats they have  ;D

MotherNature

Outstanding! I see that you like the white... I happen to know someone that has a white one for sale ;)

ColtSteele

Quote from: MotherNature on November 09, 2007, 03:09:04 PM
Outstanding! I see that you like the white... I happen to know someone that has a white one for sale ;)
Oh yea- tell me about it when you get a chance.
Thanks

MotherNature

Our Louisiana Rep has a white one for sale but I don't know exactly when she is wanting to let it go. I am sure that Dean will send you the best deals going. He is the best... down to earth... trustworthy guy I would do business with when it comes to buying a boat. If you don't find something that you want in the photos that he sends you make sure to ask him about the white one that the Louisiana Rep has for sale. She may not want to turn it lose until next year though  :-\

beast96z

No wonder they went out of business. That thing has tons of wasted space. I would  :surrender: on the boat pictured.

Jdaddy

A boat is a lot more then a nice picture.
I don't think I will pay $20,000 for a 2004 boat who don't have mom and dad, if they already out of business that to show you how good they did - NOT.
Why can't the mechanic give you the reading - all he needs to do is hook it up to the computer.
Will they provide warranty for the engine?,
I don't know Jay, when you said Legend it sounded like a good deal, now I'm not so sure, i just know I will find better use to my $20K but thats only me,  ;)

Bassinkorea

Quote from: Jdaddy on November 10, 2007, 09:04:42 AM
A boat is a lot more then a nice picture.
I don't think I will pay $20,000 for a 2004 boat who don't have mom and dad, if they already out of business that to show you how good they did - NOT.
Why can't the mechanic give you the reading - all he needs to do is hook it up to the computer.
Will they provide warranty for the engine?,
I don't know Jay, when you said Legend it sounded like a good deal, now I'm not so sure, i just know I will find better use to my $20K but thats only me,  ;)

I'm far from an expert here......but Jdaddy's advice sounds like great advice to me  :-* :-*
2020 IBASS Gold - Zone 2 - AOY
2020 IBASS Classic - Winner
2020 IBASS Team Tourney - Winner (with FD)

MotherNature

Ok guys I just want to clear things up here...

Legend Boats is alive and Kicking...

I don't want anyone to get the wrong idea when they are reading this thread here ;)

The boat below was made by some outfit in Alabama and is not the same company as the one that this board is associated with.

I know that you guys know that but I want to make sure that anyone that isn't familiar with the site or the board knows that you are talking about another boat maker all together :)

Jdaddy

Yea, sorry if I was not clear about it, LEGEND are awesome boats and I will probably get me one in a year or so after I saw Laurie and mike's boat in SC.

ColtSteele

After talking to Dean at LEGEND yesterday I threw the number for the boat pictured in this thread.  Well after I called the guy to let him know his listing wasn't correct.  Thanks to Shawn and Laurie for helping me out so much yesterday.  You 2 saved me about 3 hours of driving and a lot of aggravation.  Here's a couple on me  ~beer~ ;PEP) ~beer~  ;PEP) (soda if you aren't in the mood for a beer)

I also want to thank you for getting me in touch with Dean at Legend.  He has a too good to be true deal on a 07 LE21.  I'm debating- it's more than I really wanted to spend right now but I think it's just too good to pass up.  ;)  We'll see.  There's a couple other boats I've been looking at too... it's a tough decision. 

beast96z

I know how you feel. I had a budget as well, but after seeing Nobles LE-21 up close and personal, I had to find the extra.

AB

Quote from: Jdaddy on November 10, 2007, 09:04:42 AM

Ok, I know you already passed on this rig, but some more background info...

That rig looks like the Legend Dominator that was made in Alabama.  The hull was a splash of a Bullet.  They would flat out scoot, but kill you in the rough water.  Very well constructed, but lack of a dealer network and only regional sales interest proved to be the downfall.

As for the motor, it is an EFI.  There is no way to get the hour reading out of it.  The only motors that record the run history on the motor are the Mercury Optimax, Evinrude Etec, Evinrude Ficht, and Yamaha HPDI.  Any EFI or carbed motor does not have a computer capable of storing that information.