Ultimate Bass ULTIMATE BASS | BASS FISHING CLASSIFIED ADS | CONTACT US    

Bass Fishing information about bass boats, tackle, fishing rods, baitcasters and other reels all about bass fishing.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Thank you! Sorry about the wait...

Page Down
FREE TACKLE EVERY WEEK

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

NuTech Lures

Doc Irv Custom Baits

X Zone Lures

Lockett Lures Outlet

K9 Fishing Line

Life Vantage

Get Bit Outdoors

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

Bass Boats For Sale Free Classified Ads

Laurie Cork
Ph. (318)347-7380
You can Email Me Here

Mike Cork
Ph. (318)560-9827

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: baitcaster right or left cranking  (Read 1085 times)

matrx10503

• UB Member
  • Green Pumpkin Eater
Re: baitcaster right or left cranking
« Reply #25 on: Yesterday at 07:28:36 PM »

Just to chime in, not much that hasn't already been said.

#1 I am a believer in the small advantage of using LH BCs (not having to switch hands). Technically its only a second or mili-second of time saved, but life is all about efficiency. (I still use a right handed SpinCast closed face reel for panfishing/catfishing though, and I don't use spinning reels)
#2 I am pretty ambidextrous. I play guitar so my left hand is up there in the strength and muscle memory level of my right hand. So it was a no-brainer for me to use LH baitcasters from the start.

With a normal right handed person, it is going to feel a bit awkward at first cranking but you should get used to it pretty quick with a few weekend sessions in the backyard practice casting (just like when you had to do learning a baitcaster for the first time)
And I also like cupping the BC with my dominant right hard for rod twitching, if I used a RH BC I would've had to learn how to cup the reel and control it with my left hand. So either way its a learning curve applied.

I learned how to use a baitcaster for the first time last year and didn't have to go through the left hand growing pains so it was a bit easier, but i'd say its worth it to use LH and never look back.

loomisguy

• Ultimate Basser
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #26 on: Today at 05:29:04 AM »

Crank right handed on casting reels left on spinning reels. If I could re learn 'Id crank baitcasters with my left also but that's going to happen.

Pacific NW Ron

• Ultimate Basser
« Reply #27 on: Today at 11:31:07 AM »

To me the choice is completely personal.  I've tried a left hand and I can't use it.  I'm perfectly comfortable and happy with a right hand.  I don't even notice that I change hands.  Many times I change hands before the bait hits the water.  It doesn't bother me at all.
Enjoying retirement in the great Pacific Northwest.  I've turned into a fair weather angler.  Why do it today when I can do it tomorrow?
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Monster Fishing Tactle is the best place to buy your tackle needs Check them out online

When Bass Fishing Is More than Just a Hobby - Dobyns Rods

QUICK LINKS
UB Home
Main Forum
Welcome
Dock Talk
Techniques
Rods and Reels
Tackle Box
Catch of the Day
UB Contests
Tips and Ideas
Sponsor Connection
Fishing Reports
Charter Members Only
Bass Fishing Classified Ads
Boats 4 Sale

BECOME A
CHARTER MEMBER
SUPPORT UB

Find out about the contests before everyone else and know about the latest news first

Page Up

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 24 queries.