Berkley's Gorilla Braid

Started by sgtsulli, April 27, 2005, 09:38:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sgtsulli

wondering if anyone has tried this stuff out and if so, how well it holds up.
This ain't working..Get the Dynamite.

Mike Cork

I have a partner that uses this stuff religiously and I have never seen him have a problem :-*

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

ʇuǝɹq™

Thanks, that's an answer we are looking for!

Pferox

Oh wow,talk about timing, I was gonna post somethin on it this evening.
I put some of that stuff on my reels, and have to say there is better stuff on the market, mine looks like a catipallar after a few trips, it is strong tho I have to say that.
Keep in mind tho, I don't do much bass fishin, and the first time I used it was on the skyway pier, and that concrete doesn't like liine too much.
"If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in bed with a mosquito" - African Proverb.  Jim

HoosierAngler

I tried some of it a long time ago- I sent it back. The only time I tried it, it broke 4 times on the hookset. Once at the knot, once in the middle, once at the reel and once at the rod tip. I checked the reel guide and all my rod guides, they were fine. And when I sent it back I included a letter with it, never heard a thing from Berkley. I quit using their stuff for a long time because of not hearing from them. I use Trilene Big Game now, plan on trying Power Pro this year. ;D

Fishaholic

Earlier in the year, I purchased 4 new spools of Berkley line and had problems with 3 of the 4 spools having defective line on them...when I contacted Berkley, they didn't seem to concerned and insinuated that I improperly spooled up my reels...even after I explained to them just how many years I've been spooling my own reels without incident...bottom line they said they'd replace the line if a) I returned all the line...what was left on each spool and what was on the reel; b) I provided them with my sales receipts; and c) paid shipping and handling for each spool of line that they replaced. In other words, I'd basically be buying their product again, but waiting up to 6 weeks to get it. I don't think so...I'm done with Berkley line after this season...sooner if possible.

I'm not impressed with their lack of concern for quality control.