1st bass of the year

Started by Bean, February 20, 2008, 10:33:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bean

Well, It was that time again.  Dusted off the rods,  checked the boat motor, called a friend and headed to the lake.   Was fishing Lake Monticello in southern Arkansas,  Feb 9.  We got to the water around noon, air temp was 70 water temp 51-53 (depending on location).   Started off throwing Ping-n-jigs and no bites,  around 1 we moved up to some shallower water and started throwing suspending jerk baits.   Fishing in around 8-10 ft of water I hooked up on a hog.   After a good fight, and a top not netman I landed the pig. 

Fish was a little over 10lbs,  26 1/2 inches long.   It was a fun first trip, and has really "set" the tempo for the bass fever this year.   

left_turn56

Wow...great way to get things started!

Where are we going...and why are we in this hand basket???

lugnut

Lugnut is now accepting donations of gasoline (ethanol free desired)

Lipripper

:shocking: :shocking: :toot: :toot: Bean now that's what eye would call a BASS  ~c~ ~c~ Still waitting up here to get some open water to wet my lines for the first time this year  :'( :'(

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Big J

Now that is some 1st fish of the year.  Congrats. ~c~ ~c~
The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

MiztaGizma

-Shawn-

That is a nice looking Fish!!!

stratos77

Nice bass...Looks like she came home on ice ???

Bean

Quote from: stratos77 on February 20, 2008, 11:37:40 AM
Nice bass...Looks like she came home on ice ???

She was released after weight, length, girth, and pics taken.  She was in an aereated livewell untill then.  I would not have taken her from the lake except I was ill prepared for a trophy that day.  I took great care in making sure she survived,  released in a private lake. 
That pic was taken before release, the lake resides behind the house you see in the background. 

Bassinkorea

That's one heck of a hawg......I sure hope she survives to fight another day, good job  ~c~ ~c~ ~c~
2020 IBASS Gold - Zone 2 - AOY
2020 IBASS Classic - Winner
2020 IBASS Team Tourney - Winner (with FD)

TightLinez

~c~ Nice fish Bean. Glad to hear you released her. ~c~

silversalmon

Now that is a bass  :shocking:  nice first catch of the year  ~c~

United States Air Force 1994-present

Jdaddy

Awesome fish, congrats on a great day on the water, wish you many more.  ~c~ ~c~ ~c~

tmiller2

now thats how you start off the year....WTG  ~c~ ~c~ ~c~ ~c~
"the vibrashock?.....its like crack for fish"

bassamatic

thats why i gotta go south next month,man i miss tem hawgs.great fish.
never pick a fight with an oldman,if he is to old to fight he will just shoot u

bass1cpr

Great way to start the year  ~c~ She's fat all the way to the tail she should add some good genes to the pool.
A fish a day keeps postal away. See fishing is relaxing.  Member B.A.S.S.  Illinois B.A.S.S. Federation Nation

Bountiful Waters

Wow! Beautiful fish

What a way to start out the year.

trncel

Good lord you may as well quit while you're on top ;D

White Lightening

Wow, that is a huge pig.  It makes my 6.8 Lbs one i caught today look tiny. :'(
2000 White Triton Tr-21