Ultimate Bass ULTIMATE BASS | BASS FISHING CLASSIFIED ADS | CONTACT US    

Bass Fishing information about bass boats, tackle, fishing rods, baitcasters and other reels all about bass fishing.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Thank you! Sorry about the wait...

Page Down
FREE TACKLE EVERY WEEK

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

NuTech Lures

Doc Irv Custom Baits

Life Vantage

Get Bit Outdoors

X Zone Lures

Lockett Lures Outlet

K9 Fishing Line

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

Bass Boats For Sale Free Classified Ads

Laurie Cork
Ph. (318)347-7380
You can Email Me Here

Mike Cork
Ph. (318)560-9827

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: bank fishing  (Read 3021 times)

complac3ncy

• Smallmouth
  • Bad day of fishing > Good day at the office!
bank fishing
« on: May 05, 2008, 01:55:10 PM »

Never seen so much of this in my life untill I moved here.

This is I guess somewhere between a complaint and something that has just struck me as crazy. While fishing on Walnut, just on this last sunday, I saw several things:

1. Saw a guy cut almost his whole spool of fishing line off his rod and throw it in the water.
2. Another guy was throwing 2-3 inch bluegill in his cooler, along with a 6-7 inch bass, maybe 20 yards from my boat.
3. Another kid caught a similar 6-7 inch bass and didn't want to touch it to get the hook out so he was slamming it back and forth on the ground trying to fling it off.
4. Some teenagers thought it was funny to throw rocks at the geese leading their newly hatched across the lake.

There was a few other tidbits but I don't remember. Actually had a pretty good day of fishing a 7' zoom trickworm on a shaky head. Over 10 fish. I can tell that papillion has put alot of work into making walnut creek a good fishery and rec area, but needless to say, I have the DNR number  PoPo in my cell phone and i'm gonna start reporting these clowns. Stuff like that really burns me up inside.  ~rant

Bassthumb

• Largemouth
  • Retired USAF
Re: bank fishing
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2008, 03:04:05 PM »

This isn't the first post about "violations" at WC.  I too, have the Operation Game Thief # in my celly, and use it every chance i get out there.  I wish WC would follow the Prairie View rules...you can keep 3 panfish, and must release everything else.  It would allow the fishery to improve. 

Last year, I chased an unlicensed youthful violator down the bank (me in the boat him running up the bank) after he caught a 14" LMB and run it to his brother's bucket, on the other side of the lake...  I made such a fuss, they left the bucket and ran off...  unfortunatley, the fish was dead.  I wish the Sarpy Co Sherrif would leave the boaters alone out there and start walking the bank asking for licenses, and measuring fish in those big-a$$ white buckets! and then stop the runners at the gate and do a drivers license and insurance check...and start helping to make that place primo!

rant over.

OBTW, since there is only one DNR guy for our area, and he is always on vaca, off, or unavailable, it is up to you to very tactfully, respectfully , but sternly inform the people out there they are violating the law.  Then, if they ignore you, break out the celly and as loudly as you can, inform the officer what you witnessed, to include a description of their clothing, tackle, and car if you happen to know that.  (this works real good, even if you never even dial the phone)
yuk yuk yuk. 

Also, watch your back when packing up...

BT
Retired USAF MSgt (1W071A)            2008 Triton Tr-196
Plattsmouth, NE                  Mercury Optimax 200
B.A.S.S   NE B.A.S.S. Federation   FoMNTT participant (never again)                   Omaha-River City Bass Club

complac3ncy

• Smallmouth
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2008, 09:16:15 PM »

Not sure what to expect now that you said watch your back as your packing up..haha. People resorting to violence out there?

Yea i've seen enough monkey business now at Walnut Creek that i'm gonna go full swing into sheriff mode. Maybe i'll get a little toy police badge and a super soaker.

It's real nice when I can leave my house with my boat and be on the water casting in less than 30 minutes, and you can bet your ass that i'm gonna embarass or scare the hell out of some of these idiots, at least while i'm there.

I really hate seeing garbage and crap in the trees. I found this one tree that produces a 3lb+ fish every time I cast at it...you shoulda saw me out there cutting all the stinking bobbers and fishing line off of it. Acquired a nice lucky craft pointer.

Bassthumb

• Largemouth
  • Retired USAF
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2008, 08:06:05 AM »

I am not saying there is/was violence out there, I am just saying be careful...you call out someone, what do they have to lose?

I would never do that "calling out" at Manawa, though...  I just might get you in a world of hurt...LOL.
B.A.S.S   NE B.A.S.S. Federation   FoMNTT participant (never again)                   Omaha-River City Bass Club

complac3ncy

• Smallmouth
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2008, 01:52:55 PM »

I called the 1800- SNAP number on this family that was fishing on the pier at Walnut on Saturday night. I was motoring past the pier when I noticed one of the older guys pull a stringer of 2 short bass out of the water to show one of the little kids. I drifted off sort of close to the pier and fished.

I wanted to see if the cops would show up and I waited a little over an hour before they finnaly showed up. (Isn't the court house and stuff like a mile down the road?)  ~b~ ~b~

Anyways a little after an hour an officer came and walked the pier. I watched as he questioned most of the people there and was checking peoples buckets. The older gentleman lifted the stringer out of the water to reveal the two fish.

After another 25 minutes or so of dialogue between the cop and the people I went and tied my boat up on the dock and walked over to my truck and waited for the officer to walk to his car. After he left the pier I walked up to him and told him I was the one that called in the violation and explained how it pisses me off etc.

7 out of the 11 people that were fishing the pier did not have fishing liscenses. Three fines were issued, two for the LMB's and another for an over limit on bluegill, although the officer did not tell me how much it was, he kind of smirked and said "I hope they taste real good".

~bb ~bb ~bb ~bb ~bb

Bassthumb

• Largemouth
  • Retired USAF
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2008, 07:51:12 AM »

I was fishing Sunday at WC, motoring north toward the dam and watched DNR (not Papio police, Sarpy Co Sherrif, or the park patrol) drive out on to the dam and stop a young dad with his apparently 2 year old daughter and do a full out license and bucket check.  Meanwhile, the three other groups of bank fisherman on the dam face and two others on the jetty all ran like a scalded dog!  By the time DNR got back in the truck, there wasn't a bank fisherman on the entire western side of the lake.

complac3ncy

• Smallmouth
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2008, 09:50:22 AM »

I emailed the NGPC and after being directed three or four diffrent ways I got this message from one of the workers.

Monday thru friday 8-5 ----800-742-7627 or any game commission district office as listed in the fishing guide-- Evenings and weekends---call the officer phone number posted in the fishing guide, call the local sheriff dept or the statewide crime stoppers at  800 422-1494-----since these are not true emergencies please do not call 911 operators----they don't like that very much

That information is to report any type of monkey business.

UltimateBass#4

• Smallmouth
  • Tournament Winner
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2008, 09:08:56 PM »

WC has been that way for years...too many people just don't care!  I watched a couple of teenagers drag a WC keeper from the point up to the parking lot by the playground only to toss it in the trash can by their car.  Too bad I was on the water and there was no way for me to get a plate number in order to call it in.  I think that was in '06 before I got sent to this frozen wasteland...

jamesavp

• UB Member
  • I would name my kid bass is my wife would let me
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2008, 10:28:40 PM »

Hey Brian,

I got an account on this site now.  Game and fish should continue to check WC and give fine after fine.  Sounds like a real honey hole for offenders.  Anyone have any friends in the Game and fish department?

Fish hard or get off my boat!

UltimateBass#4

• Smallmouth
  • Tournament Winner
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2008, 10:26:10 AM »

Hey James!

It's a pretty cool site.  Glad you found it.  If you wind up there, you will fish WC a LOT, it's close and pretty good.  Zorinsky Lake is good too.  I do miss having so much water at my fingertips...literally a 10 minute driveway to water!

UltimateBass#4

• Smallmouth
  • Tournament Winner
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2008, 09:37:45 PM »

I know Bassthumb really enjoys his time at the Manawa docks as well, he makes a bunch of friends there...

Bassthumb

• Largemouth
  • Retired USAF
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2008, 09:06:26 AM »

Needless to say I never boat at Manawa without my leeeeetle friend.  The life you save may very well be your own...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Monster Fishing Tactle is the best place to buy your tackle needs Check them out online

When Bass Fishing Is More than Just a Hobby - Dobyns Rods

QUICK LINKS
UB Home
Main Forum
Welcome
Dock Talk
Techniques
Rods and Reels
Tackle Box
Catch of the Day
UB Contests
Tips and Ideas
Sponsor Connection
Fishing Reports
Charter Members Only
Bass Fishing Classified Ads
Boats 4 Sale

BECOME A
CHARTER MEMBER
SUPPORT UB

Find out about the contests before everyone else and know about the latest news first

Page Up

Page created in 0.104 seconds with 24 queries.