Ultimate Bass ULTIMATE BASS | BASS FISHING CLASSIFIED ADS | CONTACT US    

Bass Fishing information about bass boats, tackle, fishing rods, baitcasters and other reels all about bass fishing.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Thank you! Sorry about the wait...

Page Down
FREE TACKLE EVERY WEEK

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

NuTech Lures

Doc Irv Custom Baits

Life Vantage

Get Bit Outdoors

X Zone Lures

Lockett Lures Outlet

K9 Fishing Line

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

Bass Boats For Sale Free Classified Ads

Laurie Cork
Ph. (318)347-7380
You can Email Me Here

Mike Cork
Ph. (318)560-9827

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tried another prop...  (Read 1372 times)

BassBUFF

• LM Community Diplomat
  • '07 LEGEND LE195 w/200 Opti
Tried another prop...
« on: June 07, 2008, 07:11:47 AM »

.. on my 07 LE195 Tues. from 1400-1600. Temps were in the low 90s and the wind was 15-25 out of the SW, not the best conditions to be testing props in. But you do what you can when you can.

I'm running a 25p Tempest+ turned up to 27p with a little more cup. I can normally get 68-69 @ 5700 (loaded, 1/3-1/2 tank gas) in the same weather conditions. Beast96 loaned me his 27p to try out. RPMs dropped to 5340 and speed went to 70.7  ;D on the first run. Hole shot was OK at best. Tried bringing up the plate and all it did was raise the RPM range without gaining any speed. I started out in the factory position (3 1/2" below?) and went up a 1/4" at a time. At 2 3/4" I got back my hole-shot but still no gain in speed and it had a tendency to blow out on sharp turns. The 3" setting worked best with this prop although I believe the 27p is just a tad too much.

I'd like to try a 26p Tempest+ and a 26p Trophy to see the numbers on them. I've yet to get a 4 blade on this boat. I'm thinking a worked 26p Tempest+ will probably be the ticket. More to follow as I find the time and the props ;)!

BIG PAPA

• "TCTC"
  • Ultimate Basser
  • 9.1 Caddo They call me BIG PAPA
Re: Tried another prop...
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2008, 07:43:42 AM »

I've got a 26 Tempest Buff, you can borrow anytime :)
Just give me a call.

beast96z

• Ultimate Basser
  • The Bass Master
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2008, 11:48:46 PM »

I also ran Steve's prop on my boat and feel his may be more around the 26p range. Mine went from 5500 rpm's, up to 5950 with his prop, so I can't see his hitting 27 unless mine is more in the 28 range, which is possible. Stock props have a tendency to be off. On another note, my 25 Fury showed up the other day. Threw it on before the Thursday TnT and took off to the launch. I was expecting lots from this prop, but it hasn't showed me anything yet. Left the launch ready to jump on plane, but that didn't happen. When I gassed it, there was a long lug, and it slowly creeped on plane. Mid range was ok, but wasn't able to get all the way up in the rpm's due to the waves. It felt like something was wrong because the rpm's weren't coming up like they should have. Fish finders and all the lights in the boat kept coming on and off, so I knew something was up. After we got back to the launch, I checked the starting battery and found the 20 amp fuse and it's holder all melted out. Looked like there was a poor connection and it heated up and burned out. I'll get it fixed and try it again in calmer water. Hopefully it won't disappoint.
06' Legend LE-21 w/ 225 ProXS

BassBUFF

• LM Community Diplomat
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2008, 07:51:24 AM »

I've got a 26 Tempest Buff, you can borrow anytime :)
Just give me a call.

Thanks Papa! Might have to take you up on that offer sometime ;)!

beast96z

• Ultimate Basser
  • The Bass Master
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2008, 10:41:44 PM »

Ran the 25 Fury the other day and I'm still trying to get it dialed in. Didn't do anything with the plate, just swapped props. Average speed before with the 27 Tempest was 71mph and after the Fury, it went to 73.6 mph. Prop vary's in rpm from 5900-6100 depending on head winds and such. Only hit 6100 once with the wind to my back. The only thing I don't like is the hole shot. Seems kinda weak there, but I havn't messed with the PVS yet. Have 3 large installed now, but will remove them one at a time and see if that helps. May send my 27 Tempest in to get turned down some and B&B'd.
06' Legend LE-21 w/ 225 ProXS

ZARASSPOOKY

• Largemouth
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2008, 12:41:07 AM »

Steve, give this guy a call.

Steve's Custom Props                           

http://www.stevescustomprops.com/

BassBUFF

• LM Community Diplomat
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2008, 07:00:39 AM »

Thanks Spooky, I'll check it out!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Monster Fishing Tactle is the best place to buy your tackle needs Check them out online

When Bass Fishing Is More than Just a Hobby - Dobyns Rods

QUICK LINKS
UB Home
Main Forum
Welcome
Dock Talk
Techniques
Rods and Reels
Tackle Box
Catch of the Day
UB Contests
Tips and Ideas
Sponsor Connection
Fishing Reports
Charter Members Only
Bass Fishing Classified Ads
Boats 4 Sale

BECOME A
CHARTER MEMBER
SUPPORT UB

Find out about the contests before everyone else and know about the latest news first

Page Up

Page created in 0.181 seconds with 23 queries.